Every Thursday night, Mott's Family Resource Center has a social dinner. It is complimentary for families. T.J. and I enjoyed a dinner and Zingerman's bread, along with a live folk singer. They told us that the area had extended hours tonight for an ice cream social with some Michigan athletes.
T.J. worked on making some arts and crafts for Jiliang. I was typing my blog when all of the athletes showed up to mingle with families, and the ice cream social began. It was a very nice event. As I was typing, some athletes came over to talk with T.J. about his artwork. T.J. made an ice cream sundae and then he was wisked away by some female track runners to play Candland. There were some U of M football players, men's and women's track players, and some wrestlers.
All of the athletes were signing hats, so T.J. got a few hats with several signatures. They passed out the hats afterwards. I wasn't about to go ask for autographs, because I had no idea who anyone was. Luckily, they passed around hats for signatures and just gave them to the kids after they were signed. It was a very nice gesture.
I know I have a lot of Michigan football fans reading, so the football players were were #60, #65, and #44. Sadly, I admit, I am not much of a sports fan myself, but it was a really nice thing to do for the kids.
T.J. wore his hat; he set one aside for Papa Harvey's sports basement; and saved another for someone special. One gentleman kindly took a picture of T.J. playing Candyland and printed a picture off for us.
Lastly, we scooped up a bowl of ice cream to take to Scott, who waited back at the room with Jiliang. It had more topping and sprinkles on it than ice cream. Yummy! :)


Mott's is just awesome.
ReplyDeleteOK - a cool day overall - some good and some healing....and an active kid - yeah, give it an A from where we are (maybe not such a cool day if you are living thru it though...)
ReplyDeleteWe'll keep ya'll in our prayers - hugs -
aus and co.