Sorry to leave everyone with a cliffhanger. :) I didn't mean for that.
Let me tell about what has transpired in the good news department. Back in May, one of Jiliang's ICU nurses, Pauline, had offered to donate her hair towards a hair weave for Jiliang. Pauline is a lovely Chinese-American woman, so her hair would be perfect for Jiliang. Over the summer, I intended to contact Pauline, but I kept losing her email. Finally, in a most unlikely manner, we caught up with one another, and after all of these months, Pauline was still growing her very long hair in hopes that I would contact her. I would like to think of it as fate and a special act of kindness. Thanks Pauline.
LATEST PULMONARY HYPERTENSION VISIT:
More great news: Jiliang met with Dr. Gajarski, an excellent Pulmonary Hypertension specialist. He is renowned at the U of M for his work. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the visit, because it was the first day of school for me. Scott took Jiliang. The reports were good. Basically, her heart repair is doing wonderful. She is doing better than they ever expected.
We are very pleased that we will be taking one of her pulmonary hypertension drug away for 6 weeks prior to her cardiology appointment in December. If that is successful, then she may need to only be on one medication. If that is successful, the next step is to giving her one medication, once per day. Right now, she is on two medications.
We are very, very thankful.
Jiliang has grown 3 inches since she came home from China. When she first came home, she ate enough to feed three kids. Now, she is 4 pounds heavier, but she is eating less (like your typical child).


Woo hoo! That's fantastic news all around for Jiliang. I'm so happy for your family. Continued blessings to your sweet girl.
ReplyDelete