"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Summation of the last month and more coming soon

I haven't posted lately, but I would definitely try to post an update of the last month tomorrow. For the most part, Jiliang is doing great. She has turned into a confident, matter-of-fact, extremely smart, sassy and witty little girl. She doesn't miss a beat or forget a promise, and she learns things after doing them or seeing them just once. Her vocabulary is impeccable and she is speaking in complex sentences and polysyllabic words.
She has become very comfortable in our house, and tends to be a little demanding about what she wants. She is also very gentle, sweet, loving and good-natured. Jiliang and T.J. have a love-hate relationship: they are typical siblings, quarrelling one minute and hugging the next.
She has adjusted very well to my return to work. She looks forward to Grandma Harvey watching her on a daily basis. She misses T.J. terribly when he is at school.
I will write more, and attach pictures tomorrow, but I will leave you with these two recent stories:
Last night, I was reading to T.J. and Jiliang walked over and said, "Mom, I'm tired. I want to go to sleep." I told her that I would be finished in a minute, to tuck her in bed. She said, "I tired." Then, she walked over and stood next to the couch and closed her eyes. I motioned for T.J. to look at her, because she looked like she was really standing up sleeping. She heard us whisper and said in a very irritated voice: "I seeping!" Basically: Fine, I'll go to sleep right here.

Recently, I acquired an Old Navy gift certificate. I let Jiliang pick out a Halloween costume online last Sunday. Then, I had the Ann Arbor store place the chosen tiger costume on hold. After work, I went to the store, but decided that the dalmation was much cuter than the tiger costume. Last night, she saw the dalmation costume slightly sticking out of the bag. She said, "Mom, you got the doggie? I wanted the kitty!"

Well, that's it for now. I have much more exciting news, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, so I can put my kiddos to bed.

Jill :)

2 comments:

  1. What - leave us with a cliff hanger? That's really not fair - want me to start a rumor or something? ;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great adjustment for all of you :-)

    ReplyDelete