"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Finding our Daughter

Well, we locked in a file for an adorable little girl on 11/06/09. Her name is Jiliang Gao and her name means "bright blessings". She is clever and sweet. She turned 3 years old on 8/26/06. We have 48 hours to review her file and decide if we can meet her needs. We are waiting on a medical translation and update from the CCAA.
If you look closely, her name looks similar to mine and my sister Leah's: Jilian with a 'g' on the end. :) I always thought that my adoptive daughter would have a middle name of Li. The actual spelling of her name is Gao, Ji Liang. It is like a combination of Jill and Leah (whom I called Le). A lot of people think Jill stands for Jillian, so I took her name as a good sign. We also reviewed her file on my lucky number date: 11/06 (1106 Murray Drive was the address in which I grew up). It has been my lucky number since 1990, and so far, nothing special has ever commenced on 11/06 until last night.
The translator stated that I pronounced her name well: "Gow, Gee Lang".
The funny thing is that I started buying 12 month little girl clothes when she was a year old, 18 month clothes when she was 18 months, and 2t/3t clothes this year, which is the size that she would have been this year. It is funny how that happens.
More updates to come!
Jill

1 comment:

  1. Ohmigoodness,

    I just realized that Jilliang shares my first grandson's birthday! How awesome is that. What a wonderful age!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete