One of my preschool students brought me fresh daisies last Thursday, so we both wore them in our hair.
I found her Baptismal dress in China - a white, satin, traditional Chinese dress. I was going to make her Baptismal gown out of my wedding dress, but as soon as I saw the dress in China, I knew I had to get it for her special day.
The Koeppes with Father Dan and Deacon Ray
Father Dan, Deacon Ray, The Koeppes (Scott, Jill, T.J. and Jiliang),and the Godparents: Sean and Lori Gleason
Her Baptismal Cake, made by my sister, Leah
Blowing Bubbles after church
Fun in the Sun at Grandpa and Grandma Harvey's Pool
************************************************************************************
Jiliang is doing great! I am sorry that I have been unable to post recently. With going back to work so soon, trying to get Jiliang's medicines smoothed out and playing outside in the nice, warm weather, I have not had much time to get online at all. Work has been going well. I have 3 more weeks until summer break, which will be nice for catching up and spending some quality time with my kiddos. Jiliang has been adjusting to my work schedule, and she is very attached to Grandma Harvey, who watches her. My dad has also been helping out and getting T.J. off to school, so that Jiliang can stay home.
Jiliang was Baptized this past Sunday, May 30th. We had a private Baptism with just the immediate family and Jiliang's Godparents, Lori and Sean Gleason. We wanted to do a larger gathering, but with her recent surgery, she is not supposed to be exposed to a lot of people for about 6 weeks, and with us having to go right back to work after her hospital discharge, we opted for a stress-free day. I am not sure if it is 6 weeks post-surgery or 6 weeks post-discharge, since she had pneumonia in the hospital. However, she is doing marvelous, health-wise, and we are aiming to keep her that way.
Scott and I are participating in a Mott's Fundraiser with Jiliang this week. We are being videotaped and telling Jiliang's success story this Wednesday at the U of M Mott's Children's Hospital for the fundraiser that will be held in June.
Also, Jiliang had her first Memorial Day Parade today. My parents and my Aunt Barb and Uncle Rick joined T.J., Jiliang, and I (Scott had to work). My Uncle Rick is a Vietnam Vet, so I found it befitting that Jiliang was able to spend her first Memorial Day in the United States with my uncle, enjoying her newfound freedom. We enjoyed the commencement of Memorial Day tributes and singing in the cemetary after the parade.
Well, I will write more soon. Here are some recent pictures of Jiliang that my parents took this last week. I also have some great pictures of her and T.J. playing shortly after she came home from the hospital. However, I cannot find my camera adaptor to transfer those pictures to my computer, and Scott accidently threw away my camera cord. Therefore, they may be delayed, but I will get them up soon.
Jill :)

Playing in the flowers

Our back yard

Jiliang and Papa Harvey

Jiliang and Grandma Harvey


What a little sweetheart. Josie's baptismal dress was also from China and looks just like Jiliang's. I'm so glad to read that things are going as well as they are in her recovery. Continued blessings to your family.
ReplyDeleteIm so happy to see her playing and looking so healthy!!
ReplyDeletewonderful pictures!