We are home!!!!!
I wrote the other post yesterday and never had a chance to get back on and officially post it until this afternoon, so I hope I didn't confuse anyone. We almost didn't get to home today, because her prescriptions had some red tape to get through, which are heart/lung meds, so we couldn't get discharged without them. We have 5 different meds to take. (Petrie, you mentioned that you came home with 12 - I would go insane! :) I thought that 5 was bad. The bad news is that she gets something every 4 hours, which means I have to set my alarm thoughout the night to get up and give her stuff. :( But that's only until June.
Jiliang got sick on her medicines twice today (at the hospital), but so far so good since we have been home. I am praying that things improve at home. I am also going to have to tweak her times. For example, her Lasix (diuretic) is at bedtime, and the one that makes her sick is given in the middle of the night. T.J. watched as I gave her the evening meds, and he said, "I hope that she doesn't get sick," with his arm around her.
This morning, she was bummed from literally being sick of meds. I said, "I have a surprise for you." She looked at me, as if to say, "Nothing could possibly excite me at this point." I handed her a bag and pulled out her princess sneakers and didn't say a word. She lit up quickly, gasping, and smiled from ear to ear. Then, she started to pull off her skid-free hospital slippers, and threw them to the foot of the bed, like, "Okay, I am SO out of here." She knew that her shoes were taking her out of the hospital.
She catnapped on the way home off and on. She clung tightly to her Mylar balloons while napping lightly, drifting off to a Chinese Lullabye CD my mom got her. As soon as we pulled into the driveway, she laughed aloud, like, "Thank God, you really are bringing me home!" I really think that she didn't know if I was taking her home or to a new temporary destination. It's sad, but true.
She loves wearing her helmet, which is great! I want her to wear it if she is wobbly, or on her bike or a swingset. I thought for sure that she would hate it, but she surprised me. I feel so much more secure when she has it on.
Honestly, she is a different kid at home. She is less wobbly, very active, and super-happy. She just keeps smiling ear to ear at T.J. and I. She keeps kissing us too, and she is not the kissing type. :) It is great to see her so happy. You can tell that she is relieved to know that this is REALLY her permanent home. She knows that we didn't abandon her.
I am so happy too. She was such a crab-apple in the hospital, that I started to question whether she really was as happy as I had remmebered or not. And YES, she is that happy, especially today, grinning ear to ear and clinging to her Big Brother, who was so happy to see her back home as well. They have been joined at the hip since homecoming, around 7:00 p.m. We might all camp out together tonight in the living room, because she keeps waking up and looking to see if we are still here and if she is really HOME!!!! And after all, it is no ordinary day.
Jill :)


I'm so happy for you!!! I remember the joy of being home again. Josie literally touched every object when we returned home to make sure everything was still there. Continued prayers for your sweet girl. Best wishes with the next set of transitions. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteWelcome Home! :)
ReplyDeleteHUGS
Tami
Congratulations! So happy to hear your sweet girl is home. What a joy that must be. Praying that life gets back to "normal" whatever that is soon!
ReplyDeleteWoo-HOO!!! I'm so glad to hear you and Jiliang are home!!!! I hope you have a peaceful night tonight.
ReplyDeleteAAACCKKKK!!!!! This post made my day!!!!!! Oh Hooray, congratulations!!!! You did it!!!!!! So thrilled for you guys!
ReplyDeletePraise God for all He has done!
Congratulations. What a relief for all of you, and I'm sure that Jiliang will recover much better in her own home than she would anywhere else.
ReplyDeleteWell welcome home! Great joy for you here in Cincy!
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.
SO, SO thrilled to read this post!!!!!! We are still praying for her heart and lungs to function perfectly. I can't wait to see a family picture! Enjoy your 2 precious kiddos this weekend!
ReplyDeleteShe is a strong girl, mama but you already know that! I loved that she giggled when you got home...so precious! Still praying for your amazing girl! HUGS, stacy
ReplyDeleteYES! So happy for you but especially for your daughter. Home - the place to be.
ReplyDeleteLove reading about the kisses, and love that you're HOME, that she's HOME. . .forever. Enjoy this special time!
ReplyDeleteI am grinning from ear to ear! I sure would love to see a picture of her face when she pulled the sneakers out of the bag and knew she was going home! I am so glad for you guys! Upload some photos and let us see that beautiful girl! This is an exciting day!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord!! So happy Jiliang was able to come home today. Hope she continues to get better and better.
ReplyDeleteI bet you are all adjusting to life at home. Praying for her health. Hope your going back to work is doing well Sarah
ReplyDeleteCOLES Prayer Team