
Jili and her side pigtails!!
If you get a chance, read the previous blog. It highlights our Christmas, but here are a few other small stories and happenings.
*****************************************
On a smaller note, Jili and I bought T.J. an inexpensive little Carol Clock from Tractor Supply Company, and we set it up two nights before Christmas. When we bought it, Jili said, "Oh, I know Cuckoo Clock". I couldn't believe she said that: to my knowledge, she has seen one cuckoo clock months ago, and she made that generalization. I must say, that clock brought us so much joy. Even in the hustle and bustle, it would play a Christmas Carol every hour; and every hour, we would all stop to listen and enjoy it. It was our little ounce of Christmas Spirit in the backdrop of all of the chaos. We loved it so much that we located another one to spread some Christmas cheer to Jili's Godparents' family. It's truly the simplest and unexpected things in life that remind us to slow down and live in the moment.
*****************************************
At my parents' house, we talked about seeing Santa on Christmas and his affirmation of going to see the children in China. My parents and I asked Jili if she thought Santa went to China. "Yes," she said. "Do you think that Fang Fang and your friends in China saw Santa?" "No," she answered, matter-of-factly, with a stern face. I asked again, and rephrased it, "No," she replied again. I think Jiliang has a true understanding of what priveleges children in a orphanage do not receive. There is no Santa when you are an orphan. This Chinese New Year, I would like to send a care package to Jiliang's orphanage, and if anyone would like to contribute even a dollar, you can do so online. I will try to do it in the next few weeks. I like to send cakes, because I get to receive a picture of the children enjoying them. Anyone who chooses to donate any amount will definitely get a copy of the children enjoying it.
I don't know if you recall when Jili saw photos of her friends in China receiving chocolate coins last April. A woman that I met online, whose daughter was also adopted from Jili's orphanage, traveled to Jili's orphanage on a homeland tour with her daughter. Jili saw her friends eating chocolate coins, and she was so mad. I thought that she would be excited to see photos of her ophanage friends, but instead she wondered where she was when they were eating chocolate. She gave the look, "I didn't get chocolate in China! Where was I when they were indulging in chocolate?" That told me that treats were rare or nonexistent in an orphanage.
*****************************************
I will add more photos of Jili's Christmas soon. I am in the process of hooking up my new scanner/printer, so I will scan/upload her new Christmas portraits. :) Yes, I went without a working printer for too long. I am so excited about my new scanner. In the meantime, here is a photo of the kids on Christmas Eve on the main page. It was taken on my phone, so the lighting is not too good, but I love the picture. :)
*************************************************************************************
Blessings!
Jill ;)


Happy New Year guys - only the best and continued Blessings in 2011!
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.
Thank you for sharing your daughter's story! We have enjoyed following along and love her new Dora hair. My 5yo had her hair cut yesterday and we are sending the ponytails to Children with Hair Loss, thanks to your story.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Tell her thank you so much for growing her hair and donating to Children with Hair Loss. Kids like Jiliang appreciate that so much!! :)
ReplyDelete