"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Costumes

When Jili told Scott and I that she wanted to be an elephant for Halloween, I was bummed. I have seen that same elephant costume (as cute as it is) worn three years in a row. Last year was Jili's first Halloween and she was a tiger - T.J. was a lion. I was a bear :) Oh my.
This year I wanted so badly to dress her up as a princess or a fairy. Finally, I convinced Scott that it was my Rite of Passage to have at least one decked-out girly costume. At first I tried to pair the kids as Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf, and me as Grandma; but it was too hard to coordinate in so little time.
Then, I found the Pottery Barn witch costume that I had been eyeing since August. It was on sale in Maryland, and it was the last one in the entire U.S.A. (yes, I called around); and it was sold out online. It was a size 7/8, so hopefully I can cinch it up and it will be wearable. Obviously, she will be wearing it for the next 3-4 years, if Scott has any say.
I also got T.J. the PBK shark costume for 19.99 at the Pottery Barn Outlet in Virginia (also sold out online). He has been wanting that one since August as well. These will be my first PBK costumes. If you love PBK costumes, they have many of the online ones in the outlet stores for 19.99 - 24.99. Awesome deal!
Thus, Jili will be an elephant at the Zoo this weekend and T.J. will be a spider. On Halloween night, they will have the new costumes: shark and witch. I will either be Red Riding Hood or a witch too. I am such a geeked Mom right now!!! Please feel free to share your children's costumes.
Jill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment