"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wow, we would still be waiting!

I just happened to look and see where the CCAA was with Non-special Needs referrals. They are still in 2006. We would still be waiting for an infant, if we had stayed in the NSN line. Our log-in date was April 19th, 2007. When I went to China, there were families in our group "logged in" in 2006, and that was 2 years ago.
My heart breaks for all of the families who are still waiting, and unable to make the switch. I encourage to families consider switching to the Special Needs line if they are able. They are so many minor special needs that are easily correctable: there is a longer wait for minor, correctable needs, but I highly encourage others to consider before giving up on their adoption dreams. It is very scary to switch and lose your place in line when you have invested so much time and money on recertifications and home studies.
Right after we logged in to China in 2007, I read on the ChinaAdoptTalk site about lengthening waits. She predicted waits of 3-5 years or more. I approached someone at my original agency that summer, and she told me that it was not true. Later, she sent out a blanket email not to listen to the rumors and message boards online. Those rumors were so true. Even just watching the CCAA at that time told me that something was happening to stagnate the process. That was back when the CCAA posted their review and place times.
For the latest NSN wait times, go to: http://chinaadopttalk.com/

I'm so glad that we hung in there. Life without Jili would be so incomplete.
Jill :)

1 comment:

  1. That long wait started just after we sent our dossier. If we had not had to update one form, we would have sent our paperwork in late 2005 and been home with a child in mid 2006, but we would not have ended up with the children that we have, so it was all for a good reason.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete