"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

One Year Ago Today ~ November 6th, 2010


Scott and I quietly celebrated today. Exactly one year ago today, we first saw Jiliang's photo. The special part about the Anniversary of first seeing Jiliang was that we didn't expect to find our daughter that day, but we both fell in love with her photo on November 6th, 2010. Somehow, everything that we had perceived about the beautiful little girl with the red sweater and nylon running pants, next to her favorite blue bike at the ophanage was true - yet now happier, healthier, more exhuberant, strong-willed, sweet and sassy. We fell in love a year ago! It's sort of like when I first found out I was pregnant, or when I first heard T.J.'s heartbeat and saw his ultrasound photo. It was like falling in love once again.
Yet, that day, that perfect timing that put her photo in front of us at that perfect moment was nothing short of a Miracle. Yes, many of you know that 1106 is my lucky number, and has been since I moved from 1106 Murray Drive, my childhood home. Even though I was home sick today, nursing a sore throat and a cold with soup, warm tea and a blanket, I was still reminded that today was my lucky day: "Today, was the day that I fell in love with the 3rd member of my family!"

May God Bless You All on this day! And may you all experience the joy of falling in love many times in your life!

P.S.
I will post Halloween photos soon. I am surely in need of some R&R this weekend, but I will post soon. I was certain that Jiliang would be frightened by all of the Halloween festivals, but on the contrary, she absolutely loved ALL of the Halloween festivities, especially Trick-or-Treating! Me Too! :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Referral Day! Jiliang was and is beautiful. We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post - yeah - those days will always be near to us - just so cool! Take your rest - you've earned it!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete