I am sending a care package to Jili's orphanage this week. There is a fee to send the letter, and I am paying extra to have a cake or food item sent, so that I will receive pictures of Jili's friends. We did this back in June and it was really nice to see the children at the Gaoyou Orphanage with smiles on their faces, enjoying a special treat. Some of you expressed interest in sending money towards the care package. If you would like to donate a dollar or more, I will add some extra items in the care package, and make sure that you receive photographs privately.
I will not be posting them to my blog, in order to preserve the confidentiality of the children and the trust of the staff. I am setting up a Paypal account on the right side of my blog, if you wish to donate. Please know that there is no pressure at all. I am doing this regardless to send the orphanage an update on Jiliang. I am also hoping to find out if Jili's best friend, Ji Fang (nickname is pronounced "Fon Fon") is still there, and to leave our contact information for Jili's friends, should they become adopted.
Last summer, it brought tears in my eyes to see those faces from Jili's pictures once again. Yet, it made me happy to know that I was a part of bringing smiles and joy to their day, which was evident in the photos.
If you have any questions pertaining to the care package, please contact me at: jillkoeppe@yahoo.com
Blessings,
Jill :)


No comments:
Post a Comment