
Wow! I modified a few of my muffin recipes to come up with this awesome Cherry-Maple-Walnut muffin recipe. They were so fabulous and fluffy, and the kids loved them.
When I was young girl, we had a Tart Cherry Tree in our back yard. I was especially fond of climbing it in the summertime, and eating cherries off the tree. Every year, I would pick a bowl full of cherries and bring them to my mom, who would make the best home-made cherry pie from scratch. I have never been able to eat store-bought cherry pie since.
When Scott and I left Traverse City, we found the cutest little store full of fresh fruit, cherry items and pastries. I was happy to find a large bag of frozen tart cherries, already pitted.
Feel free to try these muffins, and let me know what you think. ;)
Jill's Traverse City Cherry-Maple-Walnut Muffins
(Yields about 18 muffins)
Preheat to 400 degrees
3 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. maple syrup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup walnuts
2 cups frozen tart cherries (DRAINED and THAWED) ~OR~ 1 cup of fresh cherries
(Cherries will settle to about 1 cup when drained and thawed)
Beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar and maple syrup. Blend sour cream, then oil and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients, and gently mix them into batter. Add walnuts. Fold in cherries with spoon (or slowly with mixer).
Spoon into lined muffin tins. Fill 3/4 of muffin liner. Bake for approximately 19-20 minutes, or until golden brown and inserted knife comes out clean. Optional: Lightly sprinkle granulated sugar on top of batter, or lightly drizzle with maple syrup.
Enjoy!
Have a blessed day!
Jill :)

We sprinkled our first batch with red sugar crystals.


No comments:
Post a Comment