"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Card List Brings Tears and Joy

This Christmas, I considered not sending out cards as it snuck up so quickly with all of the adoption stuff, and because everything is so expensive. I changed my mind and decided to send out family Christmas cards. As I was going through my Christmas list, I was saddened to realize that 5 people on last year's Christmas card list have passed away. I also discovered that over 5 people on the list also changed due to family situations and/or loss of homes. This makes me sad for the loss of loved ones and for the pain that friends and family have endured this year.
However, I also feel great joy and thankfulness for the people in my life right now; as well as the joy and peace that we have been blessed with in finding our way to Jiliang and putting closure to a long, stressful adoption process.
This Christmas, I am trying to remember the true meaning of the season (The Birth of Christ), and be thankful for the special people in my life and the time that I can share with them. With the adoption going on, we have made concessions this year, but I feel more in the Christmas Spirit this year than I ever have. Wayne Harvey, Donna Krzyzaniak, Viola Harvey, Sheila Warren and Arlene Sheldon have all guided me to see that life is too short. So this Christmas, enjoy time with loved ones and take time to be thankful for the small moments. Merry Christmas everyone! May you all be blessed with the Spirit of Christmas this year.
Sincerely,
Jill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment