"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

We Are Officially Approved!!!!


We got our Letter of Approval (LOA) from China today. How nice. The originals are being faxed to Scott and I to sign stating we want to adopt Jiliang. Then, I will travel in approximately 6-8 weeks.
Unfortunately today, we also received a letter from USCIS stating that we did not include our fingerprint fee of $160, so that may hold things up. However, I was happy to dig out the cleared/cashed check by Detroit's USCIS office from July 14, 2009. How else would they have taken our fingerprints in August of 2009? I can only shake my head, and pray that this rat-race for paperwork and fees will come to and end very soon. It wouldn't be so bad if we had only gone through the USCIS and home study process one time, as adoptive families should. However, this is our third time applying and re-applying, due to the extended wait times. Every time around, something has gone wrong! In my opinion, it is all about perfect timing and God's Plan. I believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Eventually, this will all be a distant memory. In the meantime, we are officially approved to be Jiliang's parents and that makes me so happy!!
I got the email at 9:40 p.m. and my early-bird husband was already in bed. :) Of course, I woke him up to tell him the good news first, but we'll see if he remembers it or not. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers for smooth sailing from here on out.
God Bless!
Jill :)

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations! We are having the worst time updating/renewing our I-171H, too. This will be our 2nd renewal and it has taken over months to update our homestudy. We are still hoping to travel prior to CNY, but I'm beginning to doubt it. This shouldn't be so difficult. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Maybe we will be traveling at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please contact me via email about fundraising for your adoption. Your info was given to me by Cathy Worrell. Teresa Tidwell Ttidw44186@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete