
Jiliang smiling for Papa Harvey after a long day of cardiology tests.
We left the cardiologist's office with a heavy heart today. We were at the U of M for four and a half hours. Jiliang was a perfect angel. We were blessed to have a wonderful, sweet and loving Mandarin translator for Jiliang, named Alice. Jiliang responds very well to being told what is happening and what is coming next, so Alice helped Jiliang immensely.
Unfortunately, we did not receive the answers that we needed today. Jiliang lied still for 3 hours getting Echocardiograms of her heart. We have an amazing little girl. Her case is being reviewed by a competent and skillful team of cardiologists. Her heart condition is more complicated that we had anticipated, so answers are not as clear-cut. Therefore, we wait.
We are praying that the doctors will be able to find a way to repair her heart so that she can live a long, healthy life. Please keep her in her prayers and pray for a miracle for our little one. Jiliang, herself, is a walking miracle. She is lucky to be alive without any previous repairs.
Otherwise, she is doing well. She is opening up in public more. She is becoming more familiar with our immediate family. She and T.J. bonded this evening which was a joy to see. She also adores our dog and cat now. Amazingly, Oliver the Cat sleeps with her and spoons with her at night, even though she is really rough with Ollie Cat - she carries him awkwardly and pulls his tail when he tries to leave her side; yet Oliver keeps coming back to her. Ollie and Beary must know she has a health condition; especially since the cat bites everyone but her. Bear follows her everywhere, but that could be because he's so lovable and she fed him rice cake crackers the first few days.
If you know my husband, he is a very private person. I have asked for prayers, but he had originally asked me to keep the details about her heart private. I intend to respect his privacy. At this point, we wait for answers ourselves. He asked me not to mention anything. However, I explained that I believe in the power of prayer, especially in numbers. I experienced many small miracles during the latter stages of the adoption process and while in China, so I ask for your prayers to help heal her heart while respecting his need for privacy and space.
Thank you all kindly and God Bless You All!
Jill


Although this is a serious post, and I will definitely continue praying for you and Jiliang, I laughed out loud while reading it. When our first daughter was small, we had a cat named Tessa. She would have her body under the couch, with only her tail sticking out, and Lauren would yank her out from under it by pulling her tail. She would also push/smush the cat into the floor or throw it a foot away from her. The cat would run right back, bite my daughter around the wrist, and never leave a single mark. I think that cats play rough, and Tessa just thought Lauren was a playmate. Lauren wasn't normally rough, but I guess she figured out that the cat liked it, so it continued :)
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for your sweet daughter! We are bringing home a sweet one in the coming months with a serious heart defect unrepaired too so will be following in your footsteps. I pray God will heal you precious daughter and He will be glorified in it!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you today!
Sharon
Thanks gals! Loved the cat story too.
ReplyDeleteJill :)