On Mother's Day, I spent the entire day at Mott's Children's Hospital with Jiliang, which began day 20 out of 24 total days in the hospital. I certainly would have liked to have spent a leisurely day at home with both of my children, but it was not possible that particular day. My husband began a new tour at the fire house, so I had to balance spending time with both of my children on Mother's Day. Just the thought of choosing between my children on Mother's Day was daunting. Luckily, I was able to take T.J. to the hospital with me, and my dad met me at the hospital. My dad visited Jiliang, entertained my son, and then took him back to his house. I was very thankful to have the opportunity to spend time with both of my children.
Leaving Jiliang at the hospital that night tormented me. I stayed as long as I possibly could, but she clung to me and begged me not leave. I cried all the way to the parking lot.
As I was leaving the parking structure, my sister called me. I knew that she had purchased some concert tickets for us, but she decided to surprise me that evening with the news that she had actually gotten upgraded VIP tickets, center stage, with Meet and Greets with the band. What a pleasant surprise to an otherwise emotional day, not that it could ever erase the memory of my daughter's tears.
I am not usually a person that would get excited about band Meet and Greets, but this particular band, NKOTB, is the reason that my sister and I are more than sisters today - we are best friends. I say that because we are 5 1/2 years apart in age, and when you are 17 and your sister is 12, you don't necessarily have a lot in common. Music became a common thread for us. I have the best friend I could possibly ask for today. She always knows how to brighten my spirits, she has helped me in my greatest times of need, including opening her home to me when I needed to leave a difficult situation to come back home. Tonight she is taking me on my first Night Out since I left for China in February. Tonight, we get to go back in time and treasure all of the memories that existed before life got so complicated. Tomorrow, I return back to reality to my wonderful kids, to celebrate a family day at the pool, with my AMAZING husband and kids.
Hold on to your family, for they are the people in life who lift you up in your time of need. They are the ones who make you Smile, show you that you are never alone, and convince you that you next moment of joy is only steps away from your nearest sorrow.
Thanks for reading. God Bless you all today.
Jill :)


No comments:
Post a Comment