"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Severe Weather in Michigan

We heard the Tornado Whistle go off, just as were heading to bed at 9:30 p.m. It was a late night for the kids as it was, I know. Jiliang was trying to make sense of our mad dash to the basement. T.J. was upset, because he saw the aftermath of the tornado damage in Dundee last week when he visited with my parents, and he was worried that our house was going to blow away.
I assured him that we were safe. We decided to camp out in the basement and play some games and read some books. Then, I assured him that if our roof blew off, Scott would be happy, because it would save him from replacing it this year. Then, T.J. and I made a list of all of the new amneties our new house would have if this one blew away, leaving us safely in the basement of course. T.J. decided he needed a garage full of shop vacs, and a porch with a slide he could take to slide him into a new swimming pool.
Jiliang fell asleep first, next to T.J., with Oliver the cat on her chest and the Bear Bear, our black lab at their feet. Bear decided it was time to take cover when the winds and lightning picked up; although he is not usually a dog affected by storms. Honestly, I was a little afraid that our roof was going to fly off.
I swear that T.J. and I heard a tornado chugging past us at 10:46 p.m.! It was pretty intense, but creepy. Then, T.J. nodded off around 11 p.m. (at least it's summer break).

1 comment:

  1. This is so foreign to my existence here in NH-we will get a tornado, but rarely, and the only warning system that we have is the weather report-but we have nothing like you do in the flatter lands. Glad to hear that all of you are fine.

    ReplyDelete