"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Baby Picture of Jiliang and More

About a month ago, I was reading a post on another adoption blog that I follow: "Cornbread and Chopsticks". Adoptive mother, Annie, mentioned using Brian Stuy's research service to locate her daughter's Finding Ad. You can check it out his service at:

http://www.research-china.org/

I used Brian's Service to locate a baby picture of Jiliang. She has been asking about why there are baby pictures of T.J., but none of her. Yesterday, we received a photo of her that is anywhere from 10 days old to 2 months old. I would venture to guess that she is very young in the photo, because she looks like a newborn. It is a priceless gift. Furthermore, the tiny details in the legal newspaper actually answered three important questions that I wanted to know about Jiliang. That, in itself, was worth it.

Also, for Jiliang's birthday gift, I saved up to use Ladylugs 'N Love from Above to send a letter back to Jiliang's orphanage, along with a special gift for Jiliang's friends at the orphanage. I especially wanted to find out if Gao Ji Fang was still there, with hopes of leaving our address for her family to contact Jiliang. I am hoping to receive word from Jiliang's orphanage staff before her fourth birthday, August 26th. I highly recommend using Ladybugs 'N Love from Above for your waiting child, or even after your child comes home. Check them out at:

http://www.ladybugsnlove.com/

We recently did a Home Study Update as required, in July. That also gave us an opportunity to update China about Jiliang's medical surgeries/interventions, and to tell them how much she is loved and how much she has grown and flourished in her new home. I am more than happy to participate as needed in the Home Studies. We want China to know how much we adore Jiliang. However, Home Studies are procedural and they are one-sided - you do not hear back from China. I also wanted the peace of mind of making sure that Jiliang's caretakers get to see her updates - you hope that the people who loved her are able to see the update, but you just never know who sees it. I love to use LNL, because you actually get a response.

Jiliang's orphanage caretakers really loved her and wanted the best life for her. It was evident when I met them. I also had the opportunity to communicate with them last April, through another traveling adoptive mother. They expressed their concern for Jiliang when we were grappling with the hope of her being a surgery candidate.

Today, I am thankful for these opportunities. The internet gives us so many resources. I am thankful for what I have achieved with just a few keystrokes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - what a gift that picture is! Super glad that you had some successes with that....our kids 'stories' really need to be preserved!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,

    Brian can't find ads in Beijing, though-everywhere else in China, just not the seat of government.

    ReplyDelete