"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Frozen Mice in the Freezer...Yummy?

The kids and I took an impromptu drive out to Dexter today to pick up some bait and medication for our sick fox. Three doses should do the trick. Pat DeLong, at Friends of Wildlife (Fox Rescue), was so wonderful. She showed the kids some pictures of foxes she had rescued. Oh, they are so beautiful. I am going to put out some bait during the "daytime", to attract him. Hopefully, he will take the bait, and once I have determined that he has eaten it, I can put out the frozen mouse delicacies injected with the medication he needs. I am hoping that Oliver kitty doesn't eat them. Therefore, Ollie will have to stay inside those days.

I was also told by my former co-workers (at my local police department) that the injured fox has been spotted in my neighborhood recently, with a broken leg. That is sad, but I am happy to hear that the elder fox is still alive. I will keep you all posted on our fox rescue expedition. Jiliang, T.J. and I are pretty excited to help out.

If anyone would like to donate to Friends of Wildlife, I will be posting a link on my blog soon. There is also going to be a Walk for Wildlife event this Fall, if you are interested in helping out. I pray that all goes well, because the fox has always been my favorite woodland animal, and I would love to continue to enjoy my fox visitors in the future.

On the lighter side, I have to laugh, as my freezer currently houses 6 frozen mice. Be advised, they are in a sealed container. :) Please keep "Fox Fox" in your prayers. Yes, T.J. and Jiliang named him or her that.

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment