Jiliang is really coming along with her English language. She is speaking complex sentences, such as:
"Do you like my hair?"
"T.J., do you want some lemonade?"
Of course, there are now the strong sibling assertions:
"No, I'M FIRST!" as they fight over who is going to get out of the car first.
They are truly siblings in every way now: best friends most of times, and yet, your occasional sibling spats. However, Jiliang holds her ground like a typical little sister. Life is good.
She is absolutely crazy about birds and butterflies. She tells me each time a hummingbird comes to our feeder, using animation and words. She even told me last week that T.J. bopped her on the head, teasingly, with our trash can lid. Of course, that was harder to ascertain through words, but she did an amazing job of using non-verbal expressions. I was a little shocked that T.J. would do that, so I was sure that I misunderstood. However, I asked him, and sure enough, he sheepishly admitted it, saying, "I was just joking."


No comments:
Post a Comment