I can't hardly believe that Jiliang is turning 4 years old on August 26th. She has also grown 2 inches since she came home. She eats great, but I certainly don't know where she puts it all. She is still so tiny and petite.
We are having Jiliang's party on August 21st. I don't usually like having parties early, but it was the only day that worked for us. Later, I realized that her birthday will also celebrate her 6 month Gotcha Anniversary! In otherwards, August 21st is exactly 6 months after she was first placed in my arms. Truly, it is a perfect day to have her party.
For her party, we are planning a casual, family picnic in our yard. Scott just set up our children's outdoor play center. ***Thank you to the Wise family for that!*** Between the play center, sprinkler, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, looking for frogs in the creek, and the kiddie pool, the kids should stay pretty occupied, if the weather cooperates. Jiliang really adores the cartoon Kai Lan, so she will be very surprised when she sees her Kai Lan cake that my sister, Leah, is making her.
Kids grow up way too fast. My son, T.J., turned six this June. We decided to take off his training wheels, and he just got on his bike and started riding in circles. We were shocked - obviously we didn't jump the gun that time. Then, we took off his life-jacket at my parents' pool, and he just started swimming! He is jumping off the diving board and swimming from one end to the other. When do they decide not to be our babies anymore? I wish life had a rewind button sometimes.


What a special birthday for a very special girl. What an amazing six months.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!!! Happy Birthday to sweet Jiliang a little early:) I remember when she came home! She looks SO great!!! Jill, I asked Lucy's family about your advocating for her. Apparently many have asked and she would appreciate ALL the prayers!! Her blog is http://ourplacecalledhome.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteA big Happy Birthday to Jiliang!! It is soo wonderful to see her doing so well.
ReplyDelete