I couldn't be happier with Jiliang. She is a joy to have in my life, and a wonderful, happy, funny, exhuberant and mischievious little girl. She will fit in well in the Koeppe household.
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but we found out that her head has a large bald spot. She was found with a thermal burn as a 10 day old baby. She also has a fontanelle that is not closed. The Chinese doctor said if it did not close, she may need a bone transplant. Wow.
We knew this was a possibility. I don't believe that the orphanage was very forthcoming about this information. We knew those things were possibilities, and in my heart, I knew that it was going to be the reality. We had asked for updates after accepting her referral. The orphanage refused, unless the CCAA ordered them to give further updates. I truly believe that it was because they truly loved her, because it was obvious when they said goodbye to her. It was also apparent that someone took excellent care of her, given her sweet disposition and secure attachment. I believe that they intended for her to have a family, because she is a wonderful little girl.
However, the thing that disturbed me yesterday what the what-ifs. What if the person who came to adopt her was not okay with her needs and rejected her, neglected her or abandoned her? That is a scary thought, that my little girl could be rejected. I am just glad that we got her. Scott and I are both okay with her medical needs. I feel confident that she will be in good hands with the University of Michigan doctors. However, please keep her in your prayers. With a proper diet and healthcare, it may close on its own.
Jill :)


Praying for her health and for you as a family! She is so blessed to have you and yall are so blessed to have her! I know she is gonna bring you such joy! :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogpsot.com