"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

M.R.I. for Jiliang's Heart

Dr. Cotts called on Friday, and his medical team discussed the next course of action for Jiliang: an M.R.I. She will need to be intubated, so they can only do an M.R.I. for Jiliang when an I.C.U. bed is available on Mondays, and when a particular anesthesiologist who specializes in pediatric heart patients is available. Therefore, the M.R.I. may be a few weeks, but I asked if they could see about expediting it. The cardiologist is taking every precaution possible, which is fine by us. The M.R.I. will give us a clear picture of her heart, lungs and pulmonary artery, which we pray is there and repairable. The next course of action will be a cathetarization to see inside her heart and test the pressures in her heart.
Please keep Jiliang in your hearts and prayers. We wait for the M.R.I. and hope that it is soon, so that we can undertand our treatment options. We are praying for a surgery that can completely repair her heart. Please be a part of her Miracle surgery by praying for her.
On the positive side, all of her bloodwork came back good. She is free of any blood diseases, and shows no issues with her thyroid, which is very good. She also came back negative for DiGeorge Syndrome.
She is otherwise doing well, except for the cyanosed lips and shortness of breathness when she is actively playing, tired or laughing too much.
Jill

5 comments:

  1. prayers continue! Tanks for update!

    Blessings,
    Tami
    Praying Jeremiah home Quickly
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted - praying for you!!
    Lavonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying!!!!! Thanks for keeping us posted. Jilliang is just so sweet and precious. I know the Lord has big plans for her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Im praying twice a day for your daughters health, and for a full and speedy recovery from any corrective procedure her wonderful team of doctors deem necessary...
    Love and Hugs,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete