"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Prayers for Jiliang's Heart

Yesterday, I took Jiliang to Mott's Children's Hospital to go the Procedural Readiness Center. The information taken from the PRC will give all of the doctors and anesthesiologists a better idea of which precautionary measures they will need to have in place for her Cardiology MRI and Head CT. I am happy that they are being thorough, and even more more happy that they are doing the CT and MRI together. Anesthesia carries a small mortality rate in general, but with a young child with a complex heart defect, the percentage increases. I am very confident about the University of Michigan, and feel that she will be in excellent care when the MRI/CT transpires on April 5th.
We were hoping that she would come home from China, and have a repair for her original diagnosis of Tetralogy of Fallot. However, her heart defect is more complex and has gone unrepaired, so it could potentially be irreversible or unrepairable. If so, the outcome is very grave for Jiliang.
Scott and I are optimistic and we hope and pray for evidence that they will go in and find a salvageable pulmonary artery on April 5th, when they perform the MRI for her heart. I am asking for our blog readers to pray hard for a Miracle for our little girl. I am hopeful that something can be done, and I truly believe that Prayer can bring many unexpected blessings. Friends from my adoption community - with children with repaired heart defects - have given me much hope and prayers, and so we continue to move forward with hopeful hearts.
After the MRI, she will have an Intraveneous Catherization to further test her heart for potential repairs. As I had previously stated, we had hoped for her to be repaired and recovered by the time that I had returned back to work, on April 26th. Apparently, that is not going to happen. However, we are in no rush to be hasty when it comes to her health, so we are taking everything day by day.
I am fervently praying for her to receive a heart repair in her near future, so if you could join me in prayers for Jiliang, please let me know in the comment section.
I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and I am doing my best to trust in God's Plan and hand this heavy burden over to HIM.
As for us, we are enjoying our beautiful, sweet, funny, vibrant and mischievious little girl. Jiliang has even softened T.J.'s heart and he has decided that having a little sister is pretty neat. In fact, I have only been able to get online today, because they have been playing happily together for 7 hours straight. (7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) God is Good. :)
Thanks and God Bless You All!
Jill
P.S. I forgot that the reason for the intubation during the MRI of the heart is to take still pictures of the heart and lung as they control her breathing. They will stop her breathing a few times to get accurate photographs. Very scary, but they know what they are doing.

10 comments:

  1. praying for your princess and all of you :)
    Believing for good tings! :)
    big hugs,
    Tami
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jill and Scott,
    As a parent everytime your little one has a minor little bump, scrape, scratch or even a fall we escort or carry our child to the bathroom. We dab and clean the boo boo, apply a bit of antibacterial ointment, and cover with a super hero bandage, and of course wipe any tears! Magically everything is ok, and off they run to play once again as if nothing ever happened!

    Recently, I had the privilage to share and afternoon with Jill, TJ and Jiliang! We had so much fun, lots of running, laughter and giggles! From a distance your daughter looks as if she is a normal and very energetic little girl! It was one of the best afternoons I've had in a very long time!

    As a daily reader of your blog, Special Needs Adoption Supporter, and understanding the severity of your daughters yet uncorrected heart condition, I've become a regular prayer voice to God on Jiliang's behalf! I will kick it up a notch to twice a day. Every bit of positive news you report from the wonderful staff at U of M and Mott's Children's Hospital reafirms the power of prayer. You both know my husband Mark is a quiet guy. But it was no surprise to me when he started to ask for daily blog updates. Please know his heart as well as mine is touched by your beautiful daughter and her condition. Please know there is nothing in the world that either one of us would not do for your family! So, asking for additional prayers, piece of cake!

    Jill knows that TJ and I have bonded in a very special way... and since our homw is between yours and U of M / Mott's please feel free to use our home as a get away or even a place for TJ to come and hang out with us while you all are with Jiliang during her hospitals stays/visits. I/We would love to entertain him!

    in closing, The Luick's (Mark and Cathy) lol, send love and hugs to you, Scott, TJ and your new daughter Jiliang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be praying for your sweet Jiliang... we are bringing home our sweet ShayleeJoy from Fujian sometime in late summer with ToF. God is so GREAT and He loves you all so very much. I am praying so hard!!!
    Blessings!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayer are with Jiliang and your family.

    Love Renee Jackson-Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. My prayers are with you Jill. Definitely praying for Jiliang. What a precious gift from God. Remember that God has everything under control. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. This is my favorite scripture and it has helped me to get through some difficult times. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jill
    I've been checking in once in awhile. Here is the The Prayer of Protection that I say for you all.
    The Light of God Surrounds you.
    The Love of God enfolds you.
    The Power of God protects you.
    And the Presence of God watches over you.
    Wherever you are, God is, and All Is Well.

    Julie Angeli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jill!!! I am just reading this but have been praying for you guys. You can bet that I will be on my knees for you and Jiliang. Hold on and lean on God...let Him carry you. I am praying for a miracle, I know that they happen!
    Hugs & Prayers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the prayers!!!!
    Jill :)

    By the way, Shannon, I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill,

    I am praying for your family and Jialiang. We adopted Mia also with unrepaired TOF in July. She endured a month long hospital stay after surgery due to numerous complications. I know how scary the unknowns can be. Trust in God to see you through this uncertain time. Blessings to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog was shared with me by another adoptive mommy who has a daughter with ToF. We also adopted in March 2008 a 21 month old with an unrepaired ToF and we had her surgery at Mott's Children's hospital 3 weeks after we came home from China. I can't speak high enough of the medical team at Mott's. They were amazing. Please don't hesitate to contact with me questions regarding our experience. My email and profile is on our blog. http://kenward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete