I am a little scared to announce this, and I have toiled with posting this over and over, because it means a huge committment on my part and a little fear of failure, but here it goes...
I am planning on writing a book on Jiliang's Adoption Story THIS SUMMER. I starting writing it while I was off, but of course, I didn't have an ending to what seemed to be a huge set-back: her unbeknownst, serious heart issues. I was hopeful, but I didn't know how my story would end - not that life is ever that simple.
I thought that I would get a lot accomplished when she was in the hospital for 24 days, but no such luck. Returning to work had me put that project on the back burner, but I knew that summer break would come soon enough, which I officially begin on June 19th.
A lot of you have asked what you could do to help our family. We feel extremely blessed by the support, love, prayers and encouragement that many people have given us. If you would still like to offer support in some way, you can encourage me to finish this book and spread the word once I am done. I could definitely use some prayers and cheerleaders in my corner. I promise that it will be amazing, as many of you already know most of the story.
Starting Saturday, it is game on!
Thanks!!!
Jill


FINISH ........still praying
ReplyDeleteNicole
Best of luck. I love the picture of her in the garden on the right, btw.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes with your book. Adopting a child with SN needs is truly life changing. I think sharing your story is a wonderful idea.
ReplyDeleteI'll go one better than encouraging you to finish - I'll offer to help! Outside of the blog world we really don't know each other, are you looking for a proofreader / critic? I'll be honest for sure - not that I have any real 'qualifications' except that I'm an avid reader!
ReplyDeleteI'll even tell you that we'll buy one!
Now - get to work - OK?
hugs - aus and co.
Yahoooooo!!!!!! Go for it! Did you know that God has been prompting me to do the same with Georgia's story? I am about 1/2 way through the first draft. My prayer is that He will use it to bring more heart babies home!!!! I think He is about to get the word out big time! Email me if you want to send stuff back & forth to read etc. Mine is pretty rough but I figured if it gets out to prospective adoptive parents somehow then it could help.
ReplyDeleteYou are all so awesome!! Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Shannon, I feel so privileged to know a successful author-to-be. Yours will be incredible! I am so excited for you too.
Jill :)
Awesome Jill! I would be happy to be a proofreader for you as I am a writer too!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Peggy
Would love to read your book!! I am so happy Jiliang is doing so well.
ReplyDelete