NKOTB was very influencial in our day, speaking out on: peace, anti-racism, diversity, ADOPTION, children around the world in need, children with special needs, making a difference in your world, and treating others equally; and they also had an anti-drug campaign. That was certainly a positive influence during an impressionable period in both of our lives. To us, they were more than a "boy" band. To say the least, NKOTB will always have a special place in my heart for these values and their playful nature, as you can see in the first photo.
The day of the concert, I wanted to touch up a snippet of a new hairdo, and accidently took too much off the sides, resulting in a semi-mullet. :) I suppose that I subconsciously wanted to have that 80's look again. :) The photos are pretty funny. Also, In the photos, I should have stood in the empty spot! Check out the first picture. The guys have their arms around an imaginary person. It's hilarious!
After 22 years, my sister finally met her childhood love, Donnie Wahlberg. In fact, she melted when he rested his head on her head, and once again when we met him again after the concert. I am so happy that my sister had a such a magical night.
Thanks Leah, for a fun Girl's Night Out! I danced, sang, and screamed like a 17 year old giddy girl. :)
Jill

See, I could have been standing there next to Joey Mac and Jordan. They have their arms around an imaginary person. It was meant to be my spot. Ha ha.

Leah is the one in front with the orange shirt.
Back in the day:

My sister and I, in 1990?

Donnie Wahlberg and his biggest fan, my sister, Leah :) The "SMILE" on her face says it all.


This is so funny. There is nothing like a girl's night out. My sister and I took her son's girlfriend and her daughter's college roommate with us when we went to see Mamma Mia! in the theaters. Of course, we know every Abba song by heart, so we danced our way out of the theater and sang all the way home. We must not have scared them too badly, though-the girlfriend is now a daughter in-law and one of the reasons the couple live in the US instead of her native France is because, in her words, Americans are so happy!
ReplyDeleteToo funny. I have heard it is awesome, especially the music...."Dancing Queen"... I missed it when I was in Vegas the last time, but our friend who caught the show said it was amazing.
ReplyDeleteI'm so jealous!!! LOVE, love, love NKOTB! I saw Danny at the gym when they had a concert here in Indy. :)
ReplyDeleteMary Beth,
ReplyDeleteYou need to come with us the next time they come to Indy or MI. I remember when you posted that.
Jill :)