We have a sick, orphaned, and injured baby fox that's been frequenting our property. I called Fox Rescue and there is a sweet woman in Dexter that is going to give me some medicine (tomorrow) and a few dead mice to lure it and cure it. :) She assured me that he won't eat Ollie cat.
I originally wanted to trap him and take him to her, but she explained that trapping is bad, because they break their teeth off trying to bite through cages in their escape endeavors. How sad is that? I never knew. I have always loved foxes! :) I really hope that he finds the lure and sticks around the area.
Yesterday, we saw the little guy drinking out of our fish pond. Then, we got a peek at him as he headed back to the railroad tracks. A few weeks ago, I saw Mama fox happily pouncing along the woods, and Scott spied this little baby fox across the creek.
Unfortunately, when I called the local police department to get the rescue number yesterday, my friend, Nicole, informed me that there was a report of an injured fox recently, which may have been hit by a car. It was reportly seen at the VFW hall regularly, but that day it went into the woods and never returned. I really hope my little orphaned fox finds my lure tomorrow, and can go on to frolick in the woods as well.
The kids have enjoyed the variety of wildlife in our yard this year, including the ten-point buck, the does, and fawn; squirrels, groundhogs, raccoons, various birds and new varieties of butterflies than previous years. I am certainly rejoicing in our diverse and colorful back yard this year; and I do have to say that we have had some new visitors since Jiliang has joined our family. What a treat for our daughter to view such back-yard beauty - and we live in the CITY! :)


I can't believe you have something called Fox Rescue. We had a den near the house last year. I would see three of them sunning themselves on the rocks between our house and my mother's pasture. We sort of have a wildlife highway in that strip of land because it comes down from the mountains to the pond across the road from us. Never know what you're going to see.
ReplyDeleteWe've had a big up tick in wildlife this year too - I'm kind of wondering why, there hasn't been any new construction or anything to drive them out....but we also have a racoon that is just plain being a problem, that critter is into everything! I'm thinking live trap and off to the state park nearby!
ReplyDeletehugs - aus and co.