Jiliang were walking down by the creek tonight. Suddenly, Bear (our black lab) jumped in the mucky area of the creek (not unusual), by the fallen tree limb that is sort of acting as a dam and collecting sludge. I thought to myself, "Why does my dog have to get filthy right before we head in for the night?" Jiliang and I moved about 15 feet, and threw a stick in the clean side of the log to wash him up. About 10 seconds later, we heard a crack, and a very large portion of a dead tree fell right where we had been standing. We must have had a Guardian Angel looking out for us tonight. Then, I thought about how my cousins were playing by the creek yesterday, in the same spot. I am so thankful that noone got hurt, or worse.
I am very thankful indeed!


Great updates - glad that the party was a success and a Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day dear child! Our youngest son Chase's birthday and Gotcha Day are the same date - he was handed to mom on his 2nd birthday!
ReplyDeleteAs for the 'incident' in the stream - like you we're happy that no-one was hurt - but you know that your lab heard the tree getting ready to fall....maybe didn't understand what it was - but was looking to see if there was a threat.....that behavior reminds me SO much of the things that Pepsi would do when the kids were around - including being on 'snake patrol'!
hugs - aus and co.