"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jili's First Time at the Movies

Jili and I went to see The Zookeeper on Friday, with my sister Leah. It was such a good time. There is a small, family-owned theatre near us. They have great prices on admission and concessions, so it is very reasonable, with a very family-oriented atmosphere. I am not crazy about crowds, but I don't mind going there for a feature movie once in a while. Jili and I really loved the movie, so we brought Scott and T.J. back with us tonight to see it. It was our first family movie with all four of us.
Prior to the movie today, Scott worked on the house, the kids played games in the basement, and I played fetch with Bear-Bear outside. I was disappointed to miss a glimpse of a Indigo Bunting outside. Scott spotted him. They are a bright blue, indigo bird. I filled all of my bird-feeders in hopes of attracting the bird tomorrow. T.J. bought me a new hummingbird feeder a month ago, and I love to catch sight of the hummingbirds. My wrens are back again this year, and this year they have babies in the wren house in my garden.
Yesterday, the kids and I went to Tractor Supply Company's Pet Day. They were supposed to have rescue animals there all day, and T.J. had decided to donate $10. I am so proud of him wanting to help orphaned animals. However, the animals were all gone by 2:00 p.m, and we had just missed them... except for some cute Basset Hound puppies. I was in love. It reminded me of the days with my cute Bassets: Baxter and Casey. Anyhow, I couldn't resist sending Scott a photo of Jili and T.J. with the bassets from my phone. Scott responded, "Cute photo. No pups." I teasingly sent him a message stating that it was too late - a cute basset already chose us. When he didn't respond, I figured I had better come clean. The truth is, Bear is mischievous enough for us, and we can't have any more dogs. It's always fun to dream. On the way to the Saline FD Chicken Broil, we stopped at another Tractor Supply Company. The had a petting zoo and pony rides. I loved the bull and the small piglets. Apparently, the pigs stay small enough to carry around like pocket piggies - instead of chihuahuas. Hmm...future pet? I will post the photos later. The kids had an awesome time.
Well, I am falling asleep typing, so I will get those pictures up tomorrow.
Have a good night everyone.
Jill :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the movie together. Can't wait to see the little piggy pictures!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete