This past Friday, Jili and I went to South Rockwood, Michigan, to repair Jili's wig. She had some stitching tear back in May, and she pretty much went the entire summer without her wig.
When we got there, Regina, from Children With Hair Loss, took a look at the wig and decided that a second layer of her wig could come out. It made a huge difference. It is so much more natural on her. We are also getting her second wig earlier, which is nice - It will be nice to have two wigs. Her next wig will be longer in length.
Jili was very nervous about wearing her wig again, and said, "But Mom, it hurts me." Regina was very patient with Jili as she scowled, cried and squirmed in the chair. Regina removed all of the clips on the wig except one. Now the wig is being held into place with adhesive tape. I was skeptical about whether the tape would hold, but the wig stayed on all day, and stayed in place better than the clips. Most importantly, Jili is excited about wearing her improved "Dora" hair (the same hair that her nurse donated).
I was really worried about her wearing her wig to school, because in the past it shifted when she played at home. I am really confident that it will now be much easier to stay in place. I am very thankful to Children With Hair Loss.


No comments:
Post a Comment