On the lighter side, I found some caterpillar certificates that I saved from last fall. I ordered the caterpillars a little over a week ago. We forgot to get the mail yesterday (oops!) Luckily, we checked the mail this morning, just in case the caterpillars arrived. They were in there from yesterday in a package with the kids' names on it! Every one of them was alive!! Whew! Therefore, we will have caterpillars to release in our bug garden soon. Lucky caterpillars!
Does anyone remember when Scott and I got married in 2003, and had butterflies released? Those butterflies got stuck in a hurricane, and the package got lost. I was so bummed. The day of my wedding, some friends helped me track down the butterfly package at FedEx. Thanks Natalie! Thanks Stacy too! Most of them survived, and when I got ready to walk the aisle, I was surprised to see them in my beautiful white terrarium. What can I say? I love butterflies and nature!
I am so excited that my children love nature too. We are having a garage sale next weekend. I told the kids that we can raise enough money to buy ladybugs, praying mantises, and earthworms. They have been excitedly looking at the LiveLore catalog.
Jill


What I remember about the butterflies was the one landing on your butt and not wanting to move hehee.
ReplyDelete