I discovered that Jiliang's best friend was the little girl with the red coat from my February pictures of Jiliang, with the cake we sent, courtesy of of Ladybugs 'N Love from Above. My mom and I wondered about the little girl in the red coat. I wished that I could bring her home too.
When Jennifer shared her Gaoyou pictures, we were excited to see Jiliang's friends, caretakers, and Gao Ji Fang - Jiliang's best friend. Jennifer was told that Gao Ji Fang was in the process of being adopted. I planned to contact Jiliang's orphanage to see if we could leave our contact information for Gao Ji Fang's adoptive parents, but soon afterwards, Jiliang went in for surgery, and things got pretty chaotic around here.
Originally, I showed Jiliang the photos of her orphanage, and she did not acknowledge anyone. I tried a second time: same response, but no desire to even look at the screen. However, last night, we stumbled upon the pictures, and she pointed to Director Zhou and said "Baba". He would have been like the father figure of the orphanage. Then, she pointed to the female directors that I met in China, and her main caretaker, and said, "I E", which is Auntie in Chinese. Then, we looked at the children and she said, "Fon Fon" in all of the pictures, pointing to her friend. I asked if she was her friend and she nodded. I said, "Do you miss Fon Fon?" and she nodded yes. Then, T.J.'s comment shocked me!

Gao Ji Fang is the one in red. Jiliang is in the green checkered coat.


Here's the picture I loved so much of Jiliang and her friend. Good friends. Oh, my girl has changed so much since this was taken in early February.
T.J. said, "Mom, can we go get Fon Fon?" I was shocked.
"I thought you only wanted one little sister, T.J.?"
"No, I want two sisters. I can teach them both things." he said
Then, T.J. asked Jiliang if she wanted to bring Fon Fon here, and Jiliang nodded yes. I explained to T.J. that she was most likely adopted too, or soon-to-be adopted. Therefore, I decided to attempt to locate Gao Ji Fang's parents, if possible, and hope for a reunion or some type of correspondence for the girls. If she didn't have a family yet, I could think of a few people that might adopt her. Anyhow, it is a long shot, but I can hope and pray for that connection for my daughter.
If anyone has any information on Gao Ji Fang's adoption, I have several pictures of her to share with them. Here are some of the pictures that Jennifer Permann took of her. The children are all so beautiful.

The little girl in the back waving makes my heart melt every time I see her.

In this photo, Jiliang talked on in Chinese, pointing and talking about Gao Ji Fang's hair.


This picture really upset Jiliang. T.J. asked what they were eating, and I explained that it was chocolate coins. Jiliang was obviously miffed about it. She kept saying, "Hmmm! I want chocolate." She must have been thinking, "Wait, I ate chicken-rice porridge there, and they were eating chocolate without me?" She fell asleep on the couch, and when I picked her up, she said, "want chocolate". Wow, she's a chocoholic like me.

Jiliang went on and on about her friends in Chinese. T.J. would ask her questions, and she would answer some in English. T.J. said, "We can teach Fon Fon to use the potty." She laughed and said, "Fon Fon pee potty" pointing to our bathroom.
Please keep all of these children in your prayers. It was obvious that Jiliang was really close to a few of the other children as well - especially two children with Down Syndrome. She talked about them fondly in Chinese. I just wish that I knew what she was saying. I pray that we will find Gao Ji Fang's family so that we may wish her well and give her the photos that we have of her. What a gift that would be for an adoptive family, when you only receive a picture or two total.


Jill,
ReplyDeleteI do hope you are able to find her family. We just got some photos from another adoptive mom who saw our little girl at the orphanage in Guiyang while adopting her daughter. She didn't even look like the same child, except for the club feet, so it was awesome seeing her at another age and stage.
Good luck,
Ruby
Wow. What a moving account. I really hope you are able to find information out about your daughter's sweet friend! Our daughter is too young to tell us these kinds of things, but I'm still working on finding her crib mates.
ReplyDeleteKelly
www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com
www.jiayindesigns.com