"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Loose Tree Frog in our Home!

At the lake on Sunday, we found a stow-away tree frog on our cousin's boat. I am not one to separate animals from their habitats, but I figured that since he was basically hitchhiking from us, we could take him home for a night and let him go the following morning to be with the other tree frogs.
I safely put him in a Frog Abode that I had used for our tadpoles and frogs, thinking that it would be an ideal spot until morning. Of course, I was shocked the next morning when the house was empty. He probably just lifted the lid and crawled out. Seriously, it was made for frogs!
I looked all morning for him, assuming that our cat got him. Around 3:00 p.m., I heard a very prounounced, "Ribbit!" Of course, it was almost like when you can't find your portable phone and page it. You almost locate it, and then the pager silences. Unfortunately, I never heard him again. I even played some tree frog calls off of YouTube. No luck. Hopefully I locate him before our cat gets him, or before he shrivels up. Fortunately, when the cat makes a kill, he leaves it in the open to show it off; and I have seen evidence of that.
If anyone has any ideas for luring a tree frog, please do tell.
I will post an update on our little "Hopper" soon. Hopefully it will be good. Note to self: Leave nature outdoors!
Jill

2 comments:

  1. Lure a frog...hummm.....stand in the corner and make a sound like a fly? ;)

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Poor little "Hopper the Tree Frog" didn't make it. I found him in a corner all shriveled up. Too bad he didn't know that he was going free the next morning. I feel so sad that I didn't find him sooner.

    ReplyDelete