"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 3, 2010

God's Perfect Timing


It's funny how life works out. When we had the opportunity to switch to the Waiting Child program in November, we had been waiting for 4 years with no end in sight - no glimmer of hope in view. We had assumed that her homecoming would be years away, if at all, with the way that the Non-special needs list was moving. When we made the switch, we found her immediately! It's not usually that quick. In fact, Jiliang's file was the first file we looked at; and it was actually sent in place of another child we had requested that was no longer available for adoption - NOT a coincidence in my opinion.
After locking in her file, Amy at West Sands Adoptions in Utah, told us that the process would be approximately 3-6 months until she could come home to us. All I could think was that I needed more time to plan, more time to come up with funds to get her home, let alone get her room ready and prepare my son T.J. for a little sister that he probably thought was never going to be a reality. We were just not in prepared at that time, and I was hoping for the latter side of the timeframe to provide her with the best homecoming possible. I even recall telling Amy that if it happened right before my summer break, that would be perfect timing. I just thought that time will afford us the homecoming that we had always dreamed of having with our Chinese daughter.
Thus, everything has been moving faster than we had anticipated and I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that it is all part of God's Plan, and apparently HE had other plans for Jiliang AND us. Now, all I can think about is how much I just want her home with us, and that is pretty much the concensus for our entire household and extended family, for that matter.
She will need to see a cardiologist to recommend corrective heart surgery, and we managed to get her medical records reviewed by Dr. Ohye at U of M in record time. Her room is coming along. The upcoming fundraiser will help us attain the funds we need to give the required orphanage donation - one that has doubled since last summer. All in all, things are a little rushed, but details are falling into place. As far as my travel expenses, we should be fortunate enough to cover them with this year's tax return.
Blessings to all of you who have supported us along this journey! Please keep our little girl in your prayers, so she may enjoy comfort, joy, laughter, good health and find her way home to us soon.
Sincerely,
Jill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment