"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Children's Garden Pictures

This is still a work in progress. Our budget prevents us from expediting projects around here. Nonetheless, we used what we already possessed to create T.J. and Jiliang's special Children's Garden. These were taken just before July 4th. I will post updated photos as we go along, as things are really starting to come along and bloom (Purple Monarda - "AKA" Bee Balm). T.J. enjoys finding many fuzzy bumblebees on those.

The most important thing about this garden is to attract wildlife: birds, (especially hummingbirds), bees, ladybugs, crickets, ants, caterpillars...I think you get the idea. :) I didn't mean to add so many photos, but it is so hard to choose with all of those happy smiles.














T.J. holds the first firefly in his new "Bug Garden".


Two days ago, we ventured into our local pet store to pick up dog food, and I surprised the kids with a dozen crickets. T.J. and Jiliang made a home for them out of an old log, providing them with food and shelter. That evening, we turned off the A/C and T.J. said, "Mom, listen! Our crickets are out there talking!"
Check back for updated photos.
Thanks for looking and God Bless You on this day!
Jill :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pics :) And I love the cricket story. I love to listen to crickets on a warm summer night.
    Glad to see Jiliang doing so well :)
    <><
    Jenn
    www.ourjourneytoabbygrace07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete