
I can barely breathe! I just got home and found out that I am leaving for China next Sat. I fly into Shanghai on the 21st, and I get Jiliang next SUNDAY! If we go to Beijing for the tour, we will return on March 7th. Otherwise, we would leave from Guangzhou on the 5th of March.
If I would have been able to leave on the 16th, I could have done the Beijing tour first. I wanted so much to see Beijing, The Olympic Stadium, The Great Wall of China and The Forbidden City. I will have to make that decision tonight. I always pictured my daughter and I standing on the Great Wall after she became my legal daughter. However, I am concerned about her health, stamina, and the weather, so that is something to consider.
Somehow, I feel that I will be back in China with my little girl when she is a little older. There is a wonderful group called Our Chinese Daughter's Foundation (OCDF) that coordinates return trips for Chinese adoptees. There is always a possibility to do it then.
I am sure that China will be exciting and bring many wonderful adventures that I can experience with my beautiful daughter. I can't believe that I am going to be holding her next Sunday. It's surreal.
I am planning to order my plane tickets tomorrow. I will keep you all posted. I am ecstatic that I will be holding her next week.
My good friend Cathy McAtee-Luick also just bought some little shirts to take to the orphanage for Jiliang's friends and a few for Jiliang. Wow, I will be delivering them in a week - thanks Cathy. Also, Jiliang's Chinese Ling doll came in the mail today. Thank you so much Katherine. I love the Ling doll. She is so cute. Now, I can properly say "I love you" in Chinese.
So happy and excited beyond words,
Jill :)


Amazing!!!! i'm so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteWow-this happens so fast once it gets going! Congratulations on your upcoming trip. And, honestly, I would skip Beijing. Aidan was 4-1/2 when we adopted him, from Beijing, and all of the touring is such an incredible bore to a child. Just picture doing the same thing with her here-spending all day in a place like DC, looking at old buildings and exhibits and having people try to sell stuff for you. All your kid wants is to eat lunch, play, take a nap, etc. Just my thoughts, of course. No matter what you decide, have a great trip!
ReplyDelete