This has been a tumultuous week for us to say the least. I was able to relax more after I booked my flight; however, planning a trip without knowing how much was actually needed was stressful. Yet, I can finally say that in the final hours, everything has come together for us. :) :) :)
Many of you have offered prayers for Jiliang to come home safely to us, and we feel very blessed for that! Many adoptive families have shared their faith and wisdom about their own adoption journeys, and I was able to witness many miracles happen for preceding families trying to pull finances and paperwork together in the final hours as well. That moved me to Pray My Way through it with the help of friends, family, and new acquaintances. Ultimately, it gave me faith and comfort in knowing that God really does have a hand in all of this adoption stuff, or anything for that matter. This has truly been a miraculous journey for me, and not just because we are getting a beautiful, amazing little girl; but because this journey has given me the strengthened faith in God, as well as faith in the human heart.
God not only provided, but HE strategically placed many kind and wise people on our journey to help us at just the right times; to encourage me when I needed lifting; to pray for us when we felt hopeless; and to heal my faith as HE intended.
This weekend will be a long-waited welcoming for our daughter in China. Please know that God's Perfect Timing is always right. I wanted my Chinese daughter so long ago, and even prayed that we would get her as late as Summer of 2006, after we first decided to adopt (2005). I can look back now and smile, because HE knew that THIS was the PERFECT time. Jiliang is worth the wait.
If you are in the process of adopting, thinking of adopting, or waiting on what seems forever, just know that HE knows best. Everything happens for a reason. All of your sorrows will be erased with joys when you meet your child. May your faith carry you through whatever obstacles you may have today. Remember, YOU can pray your way through it. HE is always listening.
Thank you for your support and God Bless you all!
Jill :)


No comments:
Post a Comment