"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leaving for Shanghai tomorrow.

Today was my last day of work until April 26th. I leave late tomorrow morning for Detroit Metro. I need to be there much earlier, due to all of the heightened security measures.
I just found out that I am staying at the Longmen Hotel in Shanghai my first night: http://www.gtahotels.com/hotels/longmen_hotel_shanghai.htm
It looks like it is an hour from the Shanghai airport that I fly into. I believe that I will be heading to Nanching the following day. That is where I will meet Jiliang.
Tonight, I arrived home at 7:00 from work. I enjoyed the company of my cousin Kristy, her husband Phillip, and their daughter Gracie. They brought the cutest gifts for Jiliang, and DINNER for us. T.J. got Pigs-in-a-blanket and smiley face potatoes, and they brought us the best chicken enchiladas, corn and an awesome salad. Thanks!!!
I had to move my car for them to leave, and I backed into an unknown car parked on the street, and dented its passenger door. I feel terrible for the owner of the car. It was not my night. Luckily, my local police dept. handled it immediately and I had a police report within minutes of the officer coming out. Thank you Sgt. Stern for handling it so professionally, calmly and efficiently.
I am still packing. I found out I was leaving last Sat., booked my flight on Monday, and worked my two jobs all week. I wanted to pack all week, but I was also taking care of last-minute adoption paperwork. I keep packing too much, unpacking, and then remembering more things. It's a vicious cycle. It is especially hard to pack, because I don't exactly know what to wear in China. I am bringing jeans and one nice pair of khakis. I hope I am not underdressed. I am also hoping that the hotel in Guangzhou will have a laundry service, as I am packing lighter. Jiliang is hard to pack for, because I don't know what size she wears. Her things are taking up most of the space.
I am going to bed now. I will finish packing come early morning. I don't plan on getting too much sleep, as I anticipate sleeping on the plane. I will try to check back in tomorrow with any updates. If not, I hope to be able to email from China. My friend, Lavonne, will be posting for me, because I will not be able to access Blogger in China.
Good night!
Jill :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear The Koeppe Family,

    Our thoughts will be with you during this wonderful time. We wish you a safe travel and look forward to meeting Jiliang. We will be checking back to see the updates.

    :)
    Love,
    Mrs.Chestney's Kindergarten Class

    ReplyDelete