"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Leaving for Shanghai in 6 days

I will be leaving Detroit Saturday and flying into Shanghai on Sunday. Sunday, I will also get Jiliang. Shanghai and Gaoyou are both in the Jiangsu province, so I am not sure if I am getting her in Shanghai or Gaoyou. Regardless, Jiliang and I will be visiting her orphanage in Gaoyou a few days later, which I am happily anticipating. Our next destination will be Guangzhou. That is the last official stop for adoption business. I would fly out of Guangzhou on the 5th, but it may work better getting a roundtrip ticket and flying back out of Shanghai. That way, we will have a non-stop, 14 hour flight back to Detroit. I have opted NOT to go to Beijing, so I will missing out on many Beijing attractions, including The Great Wall of China. However, I am opting to stay in Shanghai for an extra few days in case there are any delays in the process at all. I am looking forward to some relaxation in Shanghai before catching a long flight back with my new little one.
Scott and didn't feel that Beijing would be in Jiliang's best interest, especially not knowing how she will be feeling. Scott suggested that I return to China with Jiliang when she is older, so that we can retrace her childhood and view China's rich history together. I couldn't agree more. I plan to do a little sight-seeing, but I want my time to be focused on getting to know Jiliang. Relaxing by a pool with suit me fine. :)
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment