"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Final Date: I Leave For China on Friday!

My dad kindly offered me his frequent flyer miles that should have gotten me a round trip flight to China. (That was the hopeful surprise that I had wanted so much a few days ago.) He spoke to someone at the end of last week who confirmed it. Unfortunately, because it was such short notice, the frequent flyer mileage needed had more than doubled, and I was not able to use them. Thank you Dad! That was a generous offer anyways! Now, I just need to donate my miles to you after the trip, so you and Mom can go somewhere amazing for your 40th Wedding Anniversary this summer. You two deserve it!
Am I sad that I did not get more notice? No way. I asked Amy at West Sands to see if Adam could get me to China during the Chinese New Year. It is a wonder that it happened so fast! I am extremely thankful that their hard efforts paid off. Traveling for adoption during the Chinese New Year is rare, I am so very thankful that I will meet my little girl during her homeland's most celebrated holiday. I find it befitting that the first week of her Chinese New Year celebration will commence and END with her loved ones in China, AND the second week of her New Year will BEGIN with getting a forever family. I couldn't have planned it better!
Now, the good news is that after being on the phone for literally 5 hours last night, I finally booked my flight today. Scott and I were actually planning on a quiet Valentine's evening last night. As a family, we ordered a heart shaped pizza, and we wanted to hang out and watch a comedy. My parents even offered to babysit T.J. What could be better? We don't get too many evenings like that. The evening turned into a nightmare! We spend hours on the phone, getting conflicting information leading to dead ends. I almost booked a flight on the 20th, with my narrow window of opportunity. It would have cost $4000 for our tickets. Yikes! I didn't have that. Luckily, at the end of the evening, I called one last time and got the sweetest lady on the phone. She found a flight for me, except it left on Friday. Luckily, she reserved it for me until Monday at 11:00 p.m. I needed to check with my work after taking a half day off on Friday. All of my time off had been locked for my FMLA. Luckily, my principal approved it and HR worked with me. Therefore, I booked a roundtrip flight to and from Shanghai for $2,100 for myself and Jiliang. You can't beat that with less than a week's notice. Futhermore, I talked to the nicest people on the phone.
Today, my stomach was so nervous, and full of butterflies. I have never felt that physically stressed before. Within an hour of booking my flight, I felt much better. It is amazing what a little closure to a trip can do for your stress levels.
Despite the stress, this adoption journey has truly showed me that God fully intends for me to bring Jiliang home. There have been so many obstacles in this journey, yet so many more wonderful, giving people that always seem to turn my luck around and leave me smiling. I strongly believe that God's Plan is unstoppable!
Have a wonderful evening everyone and God Bless You and your loved ones!
Jill :)

3 comments:

  1. Yahooo!!!! and Holy Cow! Friday!!!! So excited for you! What an amazing thing it will be to be there during CNY! God is so good and I cannot wait to see you holding Jiliang!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes things just line up like dominoes-not always a straight line, but ending up falling into place just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you...and what a blessing to see God answering so many prayers...in His Time. Soon your little girl will be in your arms, we rejoice with you. Juli

    ReplyDelete