"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Today...

Today, I found out that we did not get the adoption loan or grant that we had hoped for. That was a downer to my day to say the least. Coming up with the funds to get to China and process the adoption on their end is pretty costly. My lowest moment in this adoption process ushered in today, wondering if I could truly make it work. I have tried my best to have faith and remain positive about our adoption for the last 4 years. I have invested my heart and soul into this little one, and I have never second-guessed my choice; but three times in the last three months, I have slipped into a sea of doubt of NOT whether I wanted it to happen, but whether it would truly become a reality for us.

The first doubt was in October when we needed to do all of our costly updates and recertifications and we were going nowhere in the Non-Special Needs line. We were wondering if we could proceed with the process, and then within a week we had an opportunity to switch to the Waiting Child program and found Jiliang. Talk about a complete turnaround! About a month ago, I worried about not getting our paperwork processed, as we endured more paperchasing to get our immigration approval, letter of approval, Visa, and POA; but within a few days, it all was all resolved.

Today, I hit a low. I even considered the worst case scenario: "If I can't find a way to bring her home in time, I have to sponsor her and allow another family to adopt her." Every now and then, you need a loved one to bring everything back into focus and raise your faith. Luckily, Scott assured me that it WAS going to happen and that everything was going to fall into place, and to have FAITH that I will be leaving to get her in two weeks. So I am praying that God will take care of it on his end. In my heart, I truly believe that it will all work out.

I have grown to love Jiliang and she holds a special place in my heart. Tomorrow will be exactly 3 months since we first saw her face. When we locked in her file, we were told that this process would take about 3-6 months, but most likely closer to the 6 month marker. For some reason, it has been going faster than we had expected. Our process will have been about 3 1/2 months when I finally meet her. Now, all I can think about is when I will finally get to hold my little girl.

Your Prayers are be greatly apreciated!

Tonight, Scott said, "You know, Dads want daughters even more than Moms do. Dads want a Daddy's little girl - someone who they can take care of." If you know my husband, you must understand how endearing that is to hear him utter those words.

On a positive note, all of our paperwork that is needed for China travels and the adoption process is COMPLETE. The Power of Attorney to act on Scott's behalf came back today; I have my Visa, my Travel Approval and her immigration paperwork. I just need the official leave date and itinerary and I can book a flight.

All of your prayers, donations and support have definitely pulled me through this rollercoaster ride. Thank you so much. I just ask for your continued prayers for Jiliang to make it safely home to our family. I pray every day that she will have an Angel looking out for her in China to love her and keep her well until we meet. In the meantime, I am praying and thinking positive. If I fall, I know that my family and friends will be there to scoop me up and guide me in HIS name.

God Bless!
Jill :)

3 comments:

  1. Girl I am soo sending up prayers for you! God is able!!! I have two suggestions for you! :) 1) see if a local friend will throw you a shower for your new daughter and ask that in leu of gifts folks bring what they would have spent to put on a money tree to help with your travel! and 2 , have you thought of seeing if you can have a benefit concert? you can seek out local talent ot sing and perform and get the word out to everyone you know to tell everyone they know and then you can either charge a set amount each for folks to come or you can take up a love offering! I am so praying God will move MOUNTAINS for you and I am sorry that you did not get the grant/loan :(

    Big hugs
    Tami(who soo understand as she sits here needing about $11,000 minimume herself)
    PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
    www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much but just gave what I could! When we adopted Ravenna in 2005, we went without a paycheck for 8 months. God used friends and family to help bring our little girl home. A friend wrote a letter to friends & family. It was humbling at the time but now, in retrospect, it is such a beautiful part of her story to know how many people loved her sight unseen and helped to bring her home!
    Praying for you!
    Would it be ok to put a link to your site and ask my friends and family to pray about donating???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tami. We did a fundraiser in Jan. We are also doing a book sale (see below):
    Shannon, thanks. That is absolutely fine to post that for prayers.
    If anyone you know is interested, 20% of the sales from this children's book sale go to our adoption:
    http://www.barefootbooks.com/marketplace/6427
    Click on Koeppe Family at bottom and we earn 20% of sales.

    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete