
Jiliang is the one wearing the hat and the green coat.


We received new pictures of Jiliang today, courtesy of Ladybugs 'N Love. I ordered a cake through LNL in January. The orphanage agreed to order the cake, and in return they were asked to take photos of the event. We were blessed with three photos of our beautiful little girl. Happy Valentines Day to us! Thank you to Kelly and Angela, who have blessed us immensely with these photos. Jiliang's cake read, "Bright Blessings await you Gao Ji Liang". The name Jiliang means "bright blessings", which is what she will mean to us, and what we will commit to giving her. I didn't expect such a huge, elaborate cake. What an awesome cake! Our little girl is the one with the hat on, and what a lovely sight to see. All of the children are SO beautiful and look like they are enjoying the cake too. A month ago, T.J. had a party to celebrate being a Big Brother to Jiliang. Now, he understands that Jiliang had a party to celebrate getting a big brother, and being somebody's Little Sister, AKA: Mei Mei.
These last few weeks, I have had some generous prayers and donations from my Loving China's Children Christian group to help bring Jiliang home. They have all been an amazing support for me during this trying time. Friends and family have also donated, prayed for us, and supported us during this trying time. We have almost met all of our financial requirements for our adoption. The remaining expenses now include airfare. A week ago, it seemed financially impossible to bring Jiliang home. Luckily, donations, tax refunds and a retroactive work check kicked it in the knick of time. It is nothing short of a Miracle. God is good.
Unexpected angels: I have the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people in this adoption process. Random acts of kindness have blessed me this week.
The other day, I met a kind lady through EBAY. I have been trying to spend very little money, but I had been looking for a Ling doll for 3 months to no avail. She is a doll that speaks Chinese and English, but it no longer being made. A few days ago, I saw a Ling doll on Ebay. The auction was for 3 dolls: a Chinese doll, a Spanish doll and a Japanese doll. I asked the seller if she would sell me just Ling before the auction ended, otherwise I wouldn't get her in time. I explained that I wanted to present Jiliang with a doll that spoke Chinese so that she might be comforted by that, as the adoption experience can be scary to children. The seller, Katherine, offered to send her to me as a gift. She shipped Ling out today. What a wonderful surprise and a treasure that I can take to China for Jiliang. Thank you Katherine! It was such a sweet act of kindness and it meant so much to me. I will post pictures of Jiliang and her doll once we get home.
Today I went to New China Buffet in Tecumseh. The owner was excited that we were adopting and he offered to make her a special food item when she got back, free of charge. He gave me his phone number and told me to give him at least 2-3 days notice. I thanked him and he shook my hand and said, "No, thank YOU!" I decided to have a Welcoming party for Jiliang with my family at New China Buffet. I am so excited.
There is so much to look forward to, and I can barely contain myself as I wait; but I am actually able to rejoice in my trip now, as I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and now that the financial worries have been lifted. There are still some financial hurdles, but nothing that we cannot meet.
Please know that God is working in YOUR life. Let my story be a Testament to HIS work in our lives. What seems impossible is not when you have God on your side. Miracles do happen. It is always easy to see how many bad things happen in the world when you turn on the news, but just have Faith that there are many compassionate, good-hearted people in this world.
Sincerely,
Jill :)


How lovely for you-both the new pictures and the support that you are getting. Still praying for you that everything comes out right and your little girl is home before you know it.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics :) Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Ok...I have shivers and tears at the same time!!! She is just beautiful and looks so animated and happy and oh my goodness...you are almost at your goal. God is SO GOOD and what an awesome, faith building thing to watch your journey! Thanks so much for writing and for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love the new pics! What a beautiful little girl.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures.
ReplyDeleteJanie
mom of a gaoyou girl
Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteJanie
Mom to a Gaoyou girl