We have been exposing our little one to lots of fruits, veggies, vitamins and proteins, and boy does she ever love MEAT and Fruits. I have also been putting Flax Seed Oil on her head and body. She was suffering from eczema (it seemed) and the Flax Seed oil took away the dry skin and itching. Amazing! I read online last night that Flax Seed is beneficial for Eczema and Psoriasis. I didn't know that when I tried it. I was just so frustrated with the lotions not helping. I also put it on her scalp. I knew that it was safe, but I didn't know that it was also a remedy for burns. I am not a doctor, obviously, so I am not advocating anyone to do anything. However, I can say that we have some soft skin and hair growth. You have to love those essential fatty acids!
Her hair is growing in everywhere, except for the spot where the more scarring has occurred. That is also the area where her fontanelle has not closed. After doing much research and speaking with another Chinese mom (in China), who son suffered a skull burn resulting in a burn, baldness, and lack of skull closure, I believe that her diagnosis is from a burn. I truly believe that there is hope for some some growth, and believe that the bone formation has been affected by the burn trauma. I will know if my assumptions are correct when we visit the craniofacial surgeon at the end of April.
As for me, I am excited to see her once brittle, frizzy, dry hair turn shiny; and also witness some new growth. It is coming in fuzzy and soft. All we can do is try and hope. I have to say that we don't see her that way though. We see a beautiful little girl when we look at her. We will do the best that we can to help her flourish and be healthy. If these things don't work, we will accept whatever comes along, and love her just the way she is. She is so beautiful inside and out.


I can't wait to see a picture of her beautiful hair! My family is praying for you all as Monday approaches. I am asking God to give wisdom to the doctors, peace to you, and healing to Jiliang.
ReplyDelete