"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Okay, Good News

Yeah! Good news. She is doing fine and sleeping well. She had a periocardial effusion. There is a tube in there now. They got 70 cc.'s of fluid in the cath lab, and more was draining later. She went doing well on the vent, but tonight she is letting the vent do some work, due to her heavy sedation from the catheterization.
Today is my father-in-law's birthday. He came up to see her during the middle of all of this. The good news was that she opened her eyes while everyone was there, through all that sedation and not out of agitation.
She is not wanting to empty her bladder. Poor thing. She cries when she goes in her diaper. Today, she held everything for 12 hours. I showed up and told her to go pee and she did within minutes. It fact, she did it two times. She is definitely aware of voices, even through all that sedation. She feels shameful if she goes in a diaper. She is a very self-sufficient child.
Today, the nurse told her to cough when she had to do the suction, but this time her nurse today, who happens to be Chinese-American, told her to do it in Mandarin. Jiliang did everything she was supposed to do, without any problems today. The pneumonia is getting better as well.
So for the record, here is Jiliang's complications or battle scars in addition to a major open heart surgery:
*Fall out of bed, resulting in CT, X-Rays, and pulling her main arterial line and breathing tube out, resulting in a neck scar on the right side of her neck, and a new line put in on the left side
*Multiple transfusions
*2 Pleural Effusions (resulting in chest tubes)
*1 Collapsed Lung
*Pneumonia
*Ripped out her IV in her left hand - Now it's stitched in
*Pericardial Effusion, resulting in an echo, x-ray and surgical cath procedure
I am sure that I am missing something in there somewhere. My kid is tough!

I want to thank you all for your continued prayers. I pray that she has a peaceful night. I think that if one more thing like this happens, I am going to go bonkers.
For now, all is well. I will report on tomorrow, and hope for more good news.
Jill

7 comments:

  1. Yeah Jill! So glad that it went well and that she is stable and resting. I know that you must be beyond exhausted. I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be. Please know that I am lifting you up in prayer too! Looking forward to better and better news each day!
    Blessings,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavenly Father, please be with little Jiliang. Hold her in Your loving arms, give her peace, help her relax and help her rest tonight. Lay Your healing hands upon her and give her strength.

    Thank You for being with Jiliang's family, thank You for giving them strength. Bless them tonight Dear Father I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord......what a fighter!!!!! I pray for a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you have good news to report, but that poor baby! She must be awfully confused sometimes, and being sick can't help. I hope this pattern of improvement continues, for all of your sakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course we'll continue to pray for your daughter - and for you guys! While she is suffering the physical part, you guys are suffering too - hang tough!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jill,
    I wanted to let you know that I've been sending thoughts and prayers to you, Scott and TJ as well! You three have been such an amazing family to Jiliang! Once Jiliang has made her full recovery, and is home, and you all settle into your normal loving supportive family life, just think of all the quiet uneventful days and nights to come! Family life as its best.... making dinner, mowing the lawn, family movie night, lots and lots of laundry, the tons of homework that TJ and Jiliang will have over the years... You and Scott are so blessed with TJ and Jiliang and the best is yet to come! Love and Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete