"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for your prayers. I feel so blessed to have my daughter be a part of your prayers.
Despite the downward spirals, I always try to see how a negative situation can be cast into a positive one. Today, T.J. was really sad that his sister was still in the hospital. He has missed her, and has been worried about her. Last week, T.J.'s class made wonderful cards for Jiliang, and today he brought in some pictures and letters that he made for her with his friends.
However, when he arrived at the hospital today, he was somber and withdrawn. I didn't want him to see his sister today, because she had been sick. Instead, T.J. and I ventured upstairs to the Family Resource Room where they have arts, crafts, beads, books, games, and snacks. Off that particular wing, there is also an outdoor play structure on the roof. We played, talked, laughed, sipped hot chocolate, watched Life Flight land, and made things for Jiliang - all while Scott sat with her.
When the resource room closed, we couldn't believe that 90 minutes had already passed. We challenged each other to a Mrs. Pac Man downstairs, and then we even embarrassed Scott in the parking lot by jumping and waving incessantly. We all left in a happier state.
Life has a way of taking your times of sorrow and turning them into opportunities for joy. Lately, life has slowed us all down, but it only serves to remind us about what is truly important in life: love.
I am hoping and praying that tomorrow will be a day of recovery. Thanks for your continued prayers!
Jill

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are able to remain positive. How nice that you took advantage of the family resource room. The outdoor play structure was helpful to our Emma when Josie was out of sorts in PICU. Thank you for continuing to post updates and letting us pray for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jill! I just read through your updates....I am praying!!!!!! What sweet moments with TJ! You are so right about what is important. Keep up the good work in walking this journey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jill,

    You are wonderfully positive! Jiliang, as well as Scott and TJ are blessed to have you, along with that quality, as well as your many others! Continued thoughts and prayers for your darling daughters speedy recovery, and to you, Scott and TJ as well! Love and Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete