"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Still Going Strong - Great News coming....

I would have updated sooner, but I had to watch a video (mandatory) :) of the PICU where Jiliang will be going after surgery. I also had some papers to fill out about Jiliang; and Scott and I toured the PICU. Afterwards, Scott was hogging the laptop. :)
4:30 p.m. They informed us that they had just closed her VSD and were getting ready to begin to introduce the conduit.
5:00 Jiliang's cardiologist, Dr. Cotts, came to visit us, see how we were doing, and make sure that we had been receiving updates. He also informed us that Dr. Ohye had introduced the conduit. It was very large, so it will grow with her; and it may be able to be replaced in the Cath lab next time, which would be wonderful.
Jiliang's surgery will definitely not be finished until after 6 p.m.
Afterwards, Dr. Ohye will come down and speak with us, then approximately 60-90 minutes later (if all goes well), she will be
As I was typing this, I started talking to another family. I asked about their child, and found out that their child just had a very extensive craniofacial surgery, with the same craniofacial plastic surgeon and neurologist that Jiliang was scheduled to see on Monday. After talking to them, it gave me hope and comfort that Jiliang's skull can be fixed.

Jill :)

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you found another family to connect with. God works in mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing! I continue to pray!!! GOD is definately looking after your darling girl!
    Love and Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete