"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Prayers Needed for Jiliang's Surgery This Tuesday, April 20th

Please keep my daughter in your prayers. I will find out the time of surgery tomorrow and let you all know. It is a very complicated surgery with risks, but we are relatively at peace at this time, knowing that it is in God's Hands. We ask for prayers for a successful surgery and full recovery. This surgery will give her a chance for a long, full life that she deserves, with a family that loves her unconditionally. I have had the pleasure of receiving many prayers and blessings throughout this process, which has completely transformed my faith and given me the strength I needed to trust in God's Plan.
Today, Father Dan, our priest gave Jiliang The Annointment of the Sick, which was very beautiful and comforting to Scott and I. Father Dan and Deacon Ray even offered to Baptize her earlier or perform it at the hospital if we wished; but affirmed that it was not necessary. I thought that was especially kind. At this time, her Baptismal is set for May 16th. I was going to have someone make a dress for her out of my wedding dress, but I found a beautiful white traditional Chinese dress in Guangzhou, China that will be perfect for her Baptism.
Our intended stay at the hospital could be a few weeks. Hopefully, it is not that long, because I will miss my little boy, T.J.
I will keep you all posted. Please keep Jiliang in your hearts and prayers on Tuesday.
Thanks,
Jill

14 comments:

  1. Jill ~ I am praying for Jiliang already. I have a list of people who are praying at specific times tomorrow. If anyone reading this would like to be added, please e-mail me at SMan1119@yahoo.com Let's surround the Koeppe Family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for a miracle with her surgery and recovery. We had initially been told that Josie would be in the hospital 2 weeks and she came home in only five days. I'm hopeful that your stay won't be as long as they predict. We scrambled to get Josie baptized at our Catholic church before surgery and now wished we would have done the Anointment of the Sick and then done a more formal baptism later. It felt rushed. Your smart to wait. Please know that I'll be stalking and praying like crazy for Jiliang.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers. Jiliang is such a precious girl with a precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading of your journey and send all good thoughts your way as she undergoes surgery. What a strong little girl you have--you are lucky to have found each other! She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your daughter, her surgeons, your family and the care involved in her recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill...I am praying!!!!!!! Praying for God's hand to carry you guys ALL through this...you all have a mighty and beautiful story to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for your baby girl.

    xoxo,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for Jiliang! I have been following your blog since before you went to China. What a precious girl, and a sweet loving family she has now. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your sweet girl. God has held her in his hands for her whole life. He will not let her go! He will not let YOU go.

    --Amy
    mom to TOF princess who is 3
    www.1001tears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill- I just posted a prayer request on our blog for your daughter. I also posted Josie's open-heart anniversary information. I hope you find comfort in the pictures and narrative from our daughter's surgery. It was life-changing all for the better.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you all and keeping you in our prayers. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jiliang is a beautiful little girl! I know that God will heal her beautiful heart, too. My name is Cindy, and I am a blog friend to Kim Kenward. She asked us all to pray, so know that many of us are. May you find sanctuary in the healing hands of our mighty Lord!
    In His love,
    Cindy Whaley
    www.whaleyccjt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill,

    I am praying for Jiliang and your family. May God bless the surgeon's hands and give them wisdom as they perform the surgery tommorow. I am also praying for miraculous healing for Jiliang so she can live a full, happy, and healthy life with her wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for your sweet little girl today!

    ReplyDelete