"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Waiting

Unfortunately, we didn't receive any good news today; but endured the worst-case scenarios once again. I am looking forward to next week, as the cardiologists conference and discuss possible treatment plans for Jiliang. There may still be hope.
Our cardiologist admits to being one of the doctors who is conservative. He has told us all along that he is not a risk-taker. The original doctor that I contacted in the beginning is a risk-taker. So, at the this time, we wait. Hopefully, between the conservative end and the aggressive end, we will find a treatment plan that provides the best health and longevity for her. That is all we can ask for.
I am emotionally spent. Today was a very hard day. All I can do is leave it in God's hands, and trust in HIS plan. My heart breaks for the answers I do not have. I am still hopeful, but I need to focus on Jiliang and T.J. Therefore, as Scott put it, "Cherish every moment," and don't waste precious time worrying about it.
I can say one thing: my girl is one strong-willed child! She has been through so much and has so much energy to boot. She is truly an inspiration to me. When they sedated her, she fought so hard to stay awake that they had to give her another medication - one of the side-effects was hallucinations. :) I could have used some of what she had today. Just kidding.
The catheterization went well, and she recovered wonderfully. When she woke up, she ate two popsicles, an orange sherbert, water, crackers and juice. She refused to wear a diaper! That's my girl! They made her lie flat for a minumum of 4 hours, so she wasn't permitted to get up and walk or be carried to the bathroom. They didn't think she could use a bedpan, but I remember dangling her over a particularly filthy bathroom pit at a public bathroom in China, and she listened then; so I tried, and she used a bedpan 4 times - crazy sedation meds and all! They teased about how some adults couldn't even do that, let alone a 3 year old.
As soon as they moved us to a Mott's Children's room, she was all about eating: Graham Crackers, 1/4 lb. of chicken, cup of mandarin oranges, cup of mixed fruit, Cheetos, 3 juices, and water. She cracks me up. Then, she was like, "So let's play throw the stuffed cat back and forth." When the nurse came in and tried to take off her cardiology patches, she hid under the covers. I told the nurse to ask if she wanted to go home, and she quickly popped up from underneath the covers with a smile. Then, she assisted in tearing off the patches. Ouch! She looked at us to say, "For the love of God, just rip them off quick!"
Understanding the mystery of her heart is a crazy thing. She is a survivor with a strong will to live, and she really is a miracle to just be here. Every day is a gift, and she teaches us new things to appreciate about life on a daily basis. She is my little hero.
Please continue to keep her in your prayers. I am not sure when I will have a new update. For now, I pray that the doctors will be guided to help her in the way that she needs most.
Jill

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so not what I wanted to read. But you know....God was not surprised today. He knows all the intricate details of your sweet girl's heart. I am praying for Jiliang, for her doctors, for them to have wisdom in how to best treat her, and for you! Thank you for giving us the privilege of praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I needed to hear that. The waiting is so hard.
    Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Jill...this brings me to tears here. I am praying so hard for Jiliang's miracle...for the doctors to know EXACTLY what to do...for her life to be long and rich. Oh how I wish I could take this all from you guys somehow. But I also know that it is the Lord who has created Jiliang's strength, it is He who speaks in her resiliance. She is precious beyond any price to Him...praying over here!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you continue to wait for a definite plan. Please know that I'm continuing to pray for your sweet girl. You are in good hands at UofM. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill,

    I was hoping, with you, for good news. But your daughter really is amazing! She is obviously beautiful, bright, and resilient. Already she has enriched your life, and how long have you known one another? I feel certain that everything will work out as it is meant to.

    Hang in there,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill,

    Know that you and your family are being lifted up in prayer. I am praying and believing for a miracle for your beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete