"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

No News Yet

I haven't heard from U of M yet. I hope that is a sign that they are getting multiple opinions, and that her treatment plan is not limited to one course of action. Hopefully, we will hear something this week.
I did have to call the On-Call Cardiologist last night, because she woke up crying and the bruised area around her catheterization turned to a blood red color and showed swelling and inflammation. She was itching the site terribly.
The on-call doctor said it could wait until the morning. Thank God, since T.J. was asleep and Scott had to work. We followed up with her pediatrician this afternoon. It was much better this morning, but I still decided to take her in. The pediatrician was a little stumped too, and called the cardiology department. We thought it was possibly an allergic reaction to something, such as the Iodine, or maybe Latex or something. The cardiology department authorized the use of Benadryl, topical or oral. They said that if it flares up again, we need to go to the ER. Hopefully, that won't occur. I had an IV site on my hand flare up once, and get inflamed, so I understand the discomfort she must feel.
As for now, I will just wait to see what the cardiologists say. I am not giving up hope for a Miracle, but regardless of the outcome, we are staying positive. Thanks for continuing to keep our little Angel in your prayers.
Jill :)

2 comments:

  1. I promise I won't keep stalking or giving my 2 cents, but we found that Josie was terribly allergic to benadryl after her surgeries. In addition to the red swelling and crazy itching, she would get extremely hyper and agitated on it. Continued prayers. I know this waiting must be driving you crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    You are never overbearing and I love your 2 cents! :) I will keep an eye on her with the Benadryl. She's had it before in China, but hopefully she won't have a different reaction, due to the procedures. I just gave it to her before bed before I read your post. I wonder if she's allergy to the Iodine, Latex, or the glue in the bandages. I am allergic to latex and the bandage glue. Wouldn't that be ironic?
    Jill

    ReplyDelete