"When life gives you rain, God gives you rainbows." ~ Unknown Author

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Amazing!!

The power of the internet amazes me. I met a wonderful group of people online that have all come together due to our connection with our children adopted from Gaoyou City, in the Jiangsu Province of China. This amazing group has lovingly connected China and America in a most profound way. There has even been a book written by the previous Gaoyou Orphanage Director, in regards to the bridge of love between the Gaoyou Orphanage and the American adoptive families. I was the recipient of such a book from Director Zhou, the current director, although it is in Chinese.
With everything going on with the holiday and with respect to Jiliang’s heart procedures, I forgot to email my fellow adoptive mother who was journeying back to China in April to Jiliang’s orphanage. When I first found the Gaoyou group, Jennifer had told me that she was traveling to Gaoyou in April. She also told me that if I had not brought Jiliang home by then, she would take photographs of her for me. I was very comforted in her offering of kindness.
The night before Easter, I emailed Jennifer and asked if she could give the orphanage staff a message from me, and see if there was any possibility of getting pictures of her orphanage, Jiliang’s caretakers, and friends of Jiliang. I was pretty sure that the delayed email correspondence would probably be read by her just after her visit to the Gaoyou orphanage, but I sent it anyway. The day after Jiliang’s MRI/CT, Jennifer sent me the following email:

"Hi Jill!

We had a very enjoyable visit today with the SWI staff. Please see my blog for more information.

I had our guide translate a paraphrased letter on your behalf, and the staff sends their good wishes and waits for an update on Gao Ji Liang's condition.

You had asked for the names of Gao Ji Liang's good friends and her nanny. Director Zhou told us she was looked after by several nannies, but two who spent more time with her were the head nanny Wang Ping, and another Nanny named Huang Su Qin. We were able to visit 2 rooms and play with the children there, and Wang Ping noted that Gao Ji Liang's best friend is a girl named Gao Ji Fang. I took several pictures of this adorable girl as well as Wang Ping, and I can send you these photos when I am back in the US.

Jennifer Permann"

What an amazing gift that is, and will be, when Jiliang sees pictures of her friend and Auntie in China. I wait in joyful anticipation.

Jill :)

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing gift to have those connections to share with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete